Measure of Freidgen's success: 18,000+ at Spring

Re: Measure of Freidgen\'s success: 18,000+ at Spring

yoda bee , i am with you fridge is one of the top 3 coaches in america.

Re: Success of hype?

The way things are changed is VERY simple. You beat ugag 50/50, start to remember that you are a state of Georgia university, forget that it is not 1952 (every moment anyway), beat teams like FSU, don't act like beating teams from N.C. and Va. is a big deal, stop scheduling teams like Samford and Uconn. It is football in the deep south, it is not rocket science.

Re: i\'m not sure why you want to discredit Fridge....

and how many points had the great offensive genius put on the board before the qb went down? if he was such a great coach why didn't he have another qb ready to play and beat us?

Re: Success of hype?

[ QUOTE ]
start to remember that you are a state of Georgia university

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'd take Fridge over Gailey every day of the week and 10 times on Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free country. Pull for Merryland if you like him more than our coach.

As I recall, Maryland had only 3 points on the board when McBrien went down late in the 2nd quarter. Of course that was 3 more than we had at the time, so it wasn't exactly a slaughter with Ralph looking bewildered on the sideline.

Eking out a 7-3 win was big for us, but let's not criticize Fridge too hard from our Glass House. After all, it won't take Terp alums (like SWMBO) very long to remind us that Ralph has 30 wins in his first 3 years taking over a program that was a complete disaster.

It seems to me we can be as proud of Ralph as he is proud of his experience at Tech. He was speaking fondly of his ongoing friendships with O'L, Cremins and others on local radio in DC last week.

BTW, Ralph did recruit a very highly rated QB named Chris Kelly, but he tore up his knee. Now, he's recruited another great athletic QB named Steffy.

Frankly, other than losing to GT, I hope he wins every other game. Its great for the ACC, plus it makes SWMBO happy, and that's a good thing.

Rooting for the Terps except when they play GT is perfectly reasonable.

Re: i\'m not sure why you want to discredit Fridge.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You root for the team not the coach. You can't tell me you wouldn't trade the last two years with the Raphael and his Ninja Turtles.

Re: Hey, Yoda and Toe...

Nobody made Fridge or O'L leave. They both turned their backs on us. And, yes, Ralph had a shot at our job after O'L left, but chose his Alma Mater. Gailey wanted to be our coach and a fne one he is and will be for a good number of years. I would be thrilled to death to see you both follow your guys to Md or CF. Ad take Ms TA a the other Gailey bashing ingrates with you. Tech will be better off and Stingtalk will be better off if you all take a hike and cease to claim to be on our side. I'll take Chan forever over a couple of coaches who left us. It's too bad some people can't cut the string!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You root for the team not the coach. You can't tell me you wouldn't trade the last two years with the Raphael and his Ninja Turtles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't...and I just did.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You prefer to win less games? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You prefer to win less games? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I don't prefer to win less games. Why?

All I asked was whether you would have had the last two seasons like Friedgen's or ours. Fridge won more games so by saying you wouldn't trade you are saying you'd prefer to win less apparently.

This is going in circles...

Yep, we learnt that boy well during his stint here at GT. I admit that I didn't pay any attention to his demeanor on the sideline after the game. I just noticed the scoreboard and thought that spoke well of itself. What a beautiful scoreboard.

Back