lunch bunch report...

law_bee

Dodd-Like
http://mb5.theinsiders.com/fthehivefrm1.showMessage?topicID=27604.topic

the link is up above but I know some cannot get on the hive so I copy/pasted GTmoose's report from the hive...

[ QUOTE ]
GTMoose
(4/19/04 10:31:50 pm )

The usual LB reporters were sitting this one out,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and I didn't see anyone taking notes. I'll do my best to report what I can from memory. These statements are paraphrased; if you were there and something is wrong, don't hesitate to correct me.

1. Reggie Ball is the starting quarterback. Period. He had to be "de-humblized" over the winter, but he has made great strides. Patrick Carter and Taylor Bennett looks good; we're hoping that we can redshirt Bennett this year.

2. Offensive starters are fine, Salih Beseravic has gone from a "backup's backup" to a starter at right tackle. We have depth issues; Chan implored with us to say our prayers that we can avoid injuries on the offensive line. Would like to see some of our lineman add some more weight.

3. Punt & kickoff returns: Punt return spot is open, incoming signee Patrick Clark is a possibility. Kickoff returns will be handled by Lavon Thomas. Said that Levon is looking forward to it. Reuben could be an option on punts, but he may be too valuable on defense to use him there.

4. Chan estimates that we may play 12 incoming freshman.

5. Linebackers for now are KaMichael Hall, Gerris Wilkinson, and Chris Reis. Will probably count on freshman to contribute here.

7. Chan said that P.J. Daniels is one of the best pass blocking running backs in the country. Our other running backs are great when carrying the ball, but they need to work on their blocking on passing plays.

8. Our defensive tackles are very "tough". Chan singled out Mansfield Wrotto & Joe Anoai. Newberry has lost some weight, which is great for his knee rehab, but we've yet to see him in pads.

9. Chan had a good opening line: After we greeted him with a standing ovation, he told us that we needed to sit down; he's not Paul Hewitt!

10. He had some honest assessments about a few players, but I don't think he would like to see them on an open forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

De-humble-ize

If "to humble" someone means to make them modest in behavior and attitude, then wouldn't "de-humble-ize" mean to make someone become arrogant?

Re: De-humble-ize

Us Southerners like using double negatives(i.e.- I ain't got no grits).

battleflagflying.gif

Re: De-humble-ize

I ain't got no grits either here in Budapest, Hungary. I'm sure they don't even know what grits are. I will have some Friday as I return to the greatest land with the greatest people, and the absolute greatest institute of Technology. GOOOOOO JACKETS.

THWG

Back