Lee Corso on Espn..Just said that Orlando is

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
out as the site of the ACC Championship game and said that Jacksonville is the front runner...

They (Corso, Herbstreit) also said that they fully expect Boston College to settle up with the Big East in MID-January and an announcement to be forth coming and they would come into the ACC this NEXT year....

So we would have a Championship game next December......Very very good news....I would have preferred either Orlando or Tampa BUT in Florida somewhere is the best..imho....

Really anywhere in Florida is fine...I would have much rather had it in Orlando or Tampa as the weather is quit a bit warmer in December...Sometimes up to 15 degrees warmer....Also there are more attractions in Orlando and Tampa..

Attendance in Yr one would be good anywhere but after that Jax would have MUCH better attendance than Orlando.

Orlando would have chances to not sell out.

Originally posted by GTCrew:
Attendance in Yr one would be good anywhere but after that Jax would have MUCH better attendance than Orlando.

Orlando would have chances to not sell out.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I love JAX...but I do not know that it is a better draw than Orlando...particularly for families. We forget sometimes that Orlando is the number one tourist destination in the world....so it would attract a lot of families.

The only downside to JAX is that we could plsy there twice in 30 days with the ACC Championship and the Gator Bowl.

Both are a lot better than Charlotte or Atlanta...those would be horrible.

Im for Tampa or Orlando for the warmer weather and the proximity of attractions...I think the attendance will be high anywhere in Florida..due to warm weather in the Winter time..People love to get a few days break from the cold...AND when the fans of a team have such a great year and are in the National spotlight they will bring their fans plus the city down there will promote it real well drawing the local folks...I do not think atttendance will be a problem unless Duke or Wake Forest were to ever be in the game...No slam to them but they do not travel well...Gt proved in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl when the MNC was on the line we could bring the fans.....

If it ends up in Jax, then look for the Gator Bowl to either be the ACC #3 team or a part of the BCS. There is no way that any ACC team would travel to Jax for a championship game and then travel back four weeks later for the Gator Bowl.

Hopefully the Outback of whatever can get our #2 and then Gator #3. This would really be good for everyone.

The Orlando - Family connection isn't as big a deal as you think. ACCCG would be early December, so kids are still in school. Look at the SECCG this year - they didn't know the two teams until one week before so that doesn't leave a lot of time to plan a big trip.

At the same time with Disney in Orlando, more cities offer direct flights into and out of there than would be available for Jacksonville.

The game will be a big draw wherever it is so either location is good with me.

Isn't Jacksonville much more convenient to the ACC members via the expressways than Orlando? It appears many of them would come right down the coast line and over to Jacksonville.

Even those coming through Atlanta would have I75 as a good route.

Father Time

Ahso...That may play into their thinking....It sounded like Jacksonville is making a strong push to the ACC and using the fact of our relationship with The Gator Bowl...Braine said as much on an October Pre game radio show..When the subject was being discussed..I got mad at him when he kept saying he thought it should be in Atlanta.....

Atlanta option would be bad...Jax gets my vote...Orlando and Tampa are not attractive to me, because of the area attractions ($$$$)...the 2 teams will more than likely go to 2 great bowls/cities a month later...families could get worn out!!

I second midatlantic. The problem with Orlando is you have to save money for the bowl.

Plus isn't the Ouback in Orlando?

Outback is in Tampa.

Agree w/ Ahso - Jax is best as marginally closer to the league as a whole (and certainly more convenient from Atlanta).

I live in the Jax area and am obviously very pumped that this could be the place.

Having moved here from ATL I am very impressed with the potential of Jacksonville. It is a beautiful city and anyone who follows the fla ga game knows what a hoot it can be at the landings...as per weather...today is abnormal but it is 69 at 5:30...but last week it was in the low 40's at this time...early december is great football weather here...you wont go swimming necessarily but find a spot on Amelia, take the 45 min's to the stadium from there, hit the landings, or some boutique restaurant in san marco.

For a trip that does not include thrill rides, jax is far superior to either orlando or tampa.

Besides having the conference Champion definately going to a major bowl and a possible at large bid by another team, I would guess that The Gator bowl would Most likely do a trade with the SEC to eliminate a team playing there twice in one month. The SEC would JUMP at that opportunity to put a team in the Gator Bowl and so would we. Maybe the Outback? Who knows.

Back