learning on the job.......

law_bee

Dodd-Like
it is clear that CG is learning on the job. This is not necessarily a bad thing (Beamer did it), but it is a VERY painful thing for the fan.

The gameplan was the problem, but THERE WAS NO WAY TO KNOW that it would be a problem. Our D has stopped the top offenses in the league and everyone(including the coaches) expected another solid performance. This game was the Clemson game all over again. The D got rattled and could never put its feet under itself.

If you are expecting a true freshman to win it then you are kidding yourself. What Reggie has been able to do is NOT LOSE it for us. This is not the year for us to have exchange scores with the other team.

We still have quality wins over NCST, MD, Wake, and Auburn and that is incredible. I think CG is better coach this year than last and next year he will be even better.

If we can win the next two we can still have a great season.

Lawbee what was wrong with the game plan I saw very little wrong with it buT I saw a lot wrong with execution on both O. & D.

Lawbee, I appreciate your optimism, but we cannot take one more EMBARRASSING loss! We have had more in less than a yr. than we have had for yrs. Granted, we have had stupid losses before but not the lambasting we have taken since CG began his OJT.

Like you, I hope this does not carry over but things don't look as rosy as before today. I just don't understand.

Part of the gameplan and game preparation IS seeing to it as a coach that "execution" IS in place. It's done by being brutally demanding in practice. Think not? Ask John Davis. The sum total of Vandy, Duke, and Clemson tells us this is missing. THWG

clemson, MD, and UVA losses were embarrassing losses in 02.

There was NOTHING more embarrassing than Fridge singing MD's fight song on OUR field.

I cannot remember the last time I lost and was not embarrassed.

you people need to wake up.

a loss is a loss and a win is a win

Listening to the radio, it sounded like execution, not the game plan, was the problem. And let's face it, the one who's learning on the job is Reggie. We have been so bowled over by him, we forget he's still a kid.

Nobody else, coaches or players, has any excuse.

the gameplan , along with exection, was indeed a problem.

I'm not sure Id categorize it as "learning on the job either"

A man Gailey's age is supposed to bring some maturity to the position. True, we have overachieved and won some games no one expected. But with time off most teams get better.

The gameplan is simply too basic and feeds a fired up team like Duke who don't have to spend alot of time preparing and simply react.

No shotgun. Burning timeouts after a two minute break due to confusion on play calling. Calling two consecutive runs with less than seven minutes left and no timeouts. ETC ETC.

Everything failed. Execution. Effort. Preparation.

Back