Kicker Kyle Belcher COMMITS TO TECH!!!!

Damarius you the Man!!!!

From what I hear from someone close to the program..Belcher might be better than the Kid that decommited from us to go to Free Shoes U..And then got ranked higher by the Bogus Recruiting gurus......

As Okeefe over on the Hive just said: Only time will tell who the better kicker is: Belcher for GT or Ciesma for Fsu......Line em up and let em play as the ole Ball Coach Spurrier used to say...He hated the So called recruiting gurus and said that.....Here is to Belcher kicking the lights out of it....

[ QUOTE ]
From what I hear from someone close to the program..Belcher might be better than the Kid that decommited from us to go to Free Shoes U..

[/ QUOTE ]

And a Georgia boy no less. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Welcome, Kyle! Look forward to it!

From my count that is 10 of the very

Best from the state of Georgia...Not too shabby....

Re: From my count that is 10 of the very

Welcome Kyle!

Looking forward to seeing you play early and well.

Aha, now we know why

Belcher was only 10 for 18 in FGs. Five (5) of the misses were from greater than 50 yds. Here's Belcher's announcement.

Belcher commits

Anyone know what the deal is with his major??

Says in the article linked by GT Ace that Belcher was told he could major in Physical Therapy at Tech?!

When did we get this major? Have we ever had it?? Beuller???

Re: Anyone know what the deal is with his major??

There is no undergraduate degree of PT that I know of.

He can complete the academic requirements to gain entry into a PT program "after" GT. Some words were probably left out by someone who didn't understand what he meant. Unless I'm wrong, that's almost like saying he wants to go to Tech because they have a medical degree. GT first, PT school next. Just like GT first, Med School next.

PT is not like nursing school where a student can get two years of college and move on to the program. PT requires a degree (or the course load that may as well be a full degree) just like Med School, and is almost as hard to gain entry as Med School. The academic requirements for PT school are extremely tough.

Probably the question was what major would also contain the nessessary course load for him to get to PT school.

He doesn't want to take a zillion courses for a degree and then find he needs a bunch more on top of his major just to get into a graduate program.

Willkommen, Belcher !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Well, I definitely like his name better than the guy who went to F$U. Don't even know how to pronounce that one.
deutschland.gif

Yeah, lots of schools off "Pre Physical Therapy" degree programs, and we probably just showed him that he can get all the required classes for that in at Tech. That's just my guess, though.

O well, who cares about his major, WE GOT A KICKER!! Anyone know if he might punt too? Saw the article said he had a 40.2 avg. Plus a long FG of 57 on the year. Not too bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

At 6'4" he's got some good size. Must really be able to drive the football with that kind of size - kinda like a nice sized golfer.

Welcome aboard.

[ QUOTE ]
At 6'4" he's got some good size. Must really be able to drive the football with that kind of size - kinda like a nice sized golfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's going to get bigger and stronger working out with our great staff and new S&C coach!

Also, thanks to all for shedding light on the question about his major. That one had me stumped as well.

Bring it, Kyle!

I have played agains this guy and I know....

I have plyead against him in both football and basketball and this kid can flat kick the daylights out of it. One of his misses this year was a 57 yarder that had the distance but was wide left. He can flat out boot the ball!

Back