I'm obsessed with the Clemson game

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
I\'m obsessed with the Clemson game

Every season there's ONE game that I'm obsessed with. I KNOW you're ALL gonna say...SO AM I....THE UGAG GAME! I know that goes without saying. I have dreams and nightmares about that game EVERY year and especially in the week or two prior to Thanksgiving weekend.

Last year it was the Auburn game simply because ALL of my wife's family goes to Auburn and her father was relentless in poking fun at the "humble bumbles" and "North Ave Trade School" and on and on. Not oppressively so, just enough to get on my nerves. We stomped them 17-3 and now I hear nary a word from him

THIS year it's the Clemson game. One of my good buddies down here (and my Sunday school teacher I might add) is a Clemson grad and he and his brother in law (also a big Clemson supporter)took me to the game last year. I felt like I was at an away game since I had to sit in a sea of orange. It was awful. Worst game we played all year.

Now we've swept them in b-ball and now we just swept them in baseball. All my buddy John could say was "well if you could only beat us in a sport that mattered." Just fun I know, but STILL. It gets under your skin as you all WELL know from your associations with UGAG fans. We've kinda unoffically planned for a trip to Death Valley this fall. Now keep in mind I'm lucky to go to one or two GT games a year and this will be a BIG deal to me...as any GT game is.

I just HATE it that we've got them so early in the season. I hope and pray that we'll be ready. I just don't know. Of course ALL my fears about AU were totally unfounded and I KNOW we're gonna play MUCH better against them this year than last, but still it's one BESIDE UGA that I want bad!

What say you??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blue.gif

Re: I\'m obsessed with the Clemson game

Ugag - It really $#@%! me off when we lose to them!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/FIREdevil.gif

The Clempson game will make or break GT. If we beat CU on Sept. 11, Chan and GT will have a breakthrough season, win 8+ games, and beat UGag. If we lose to CU, GT will have another mediocre .500 season and lose to UGag.

It's happened like this almost every year since 1983, just like clockwork. The Clempson game will make or break GT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/readthis.gif

Clemson.

It's one of our great geographical rivalries.

You don't go to work and listen to the Terp fans give you lip. It's the guys next door. The Seminoles, The Tigers, The Bulldogs. Those are the guys I want to hear from the least, because I live near more of them.

I'm sure NC Jacket never wants to lose to the BasketBall 4 up there.

That being said, I'm most pumped about Clemson first, Miami second, and all of them third, and not pumped about UGA at all (even if we win).

Win or lose, my Clemson and FSU have a great time at those games every year before and after the games, at both venues. I'm not capable of doing that with my UGA friends because they aren't.

I'm not excited about UGA at all. It's not a good rivalry. I don't mean the scoreboard - I mean, their fans are so nasty, that I'm tired of it. There is no good clean fun in that one. It's very unpleasant whether we win or lose, every single year.

UGA is the one I most want to win, but the least I'm looking forward to.

I agree that the Clemson game is a very key game this season. But I can deal with losing to other schools, like Clemson, but I honestly have a hard time deciding if I'd rather have a winning season and lose to Georgia or have a losing season and beat Georgia. I'd probably rather beat Georgia and go 1-10. As irrational as that is, hatred is irrational. And I hate Georgia. TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!

How are a twister and a Georgia grad the same?
They are both headed straight for the trailer park.

Clemmons is definitely a key game, but I can't WAIT to hammer Dook into the ground......Can't wait...I had to endure their unbelievable game last year, where every tip, every inch, every call, every gust of wind, the alignment of the moon and stars -- I mean everything went their way....One of the most frustrating games in a looooooong time...Plus, dealing with their pansey, fair-weather, pseudointellectual fans was all I could take.....Bring on DOOK !

We shouldn't get too worked up over beating DOoK. They have alwyas been at the bottom of the totem pole of the ACC in football. Last years game was a travesty. I am sooooo glad that game wasn't on tv. they ran the ball up our butts all day. This year will be revenge for last year but I don't even want to acknoweledge them as a viable opponent. I still have nightmares of that Dook Dork in the pink shirt as they were tearing down their goals.

I want to beat the crap out of Clemson this year too. A chemical rep that distributes for my company is a big Clem alum. He never really says anything derogatory about Tech but has lots of sass in his talk. He does keep bringing up the fact that they Beat Big Daddy Bowden last year and that he doesn't understand why we haven't beat him since '91. That just pisses me off, and he knows it too. But at least he ridicules the Ugay fans with me at work. Will be a hard battle fought in the Valley on 9-11.

[ QUOTE ]
We've kinda unoffically planned for a trip to Death Valley this fall. Now keep in mind I'm lucky to go to one or two GT games a year and this will be a BIG deal to me...as any GT game is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have but a single question for you... is the Busta gonna be there?

I will say that we've taken our little guy to Clemson before and never had any problems at all. The fans there have been cordial and didn't give us any grief and I would feel comfortable taking both our kids there again.

I agree with this. I like the Clemson fans a lot.

I have found them to be both knowledgeable and realistic. Apparently their self worth is not based on their football team unlike a red-colored cow college I am familiar with.

Back