If Gailey and staff can't motivate.....

LLCoolJacket

Damn Good Rat
If Gailey and staff can\'t motivate.....

The upperclassmen need to step in and teach the young guys.
Yesterday's loss had nothing to do with x's and o's. There is no way that a team with 30 consecutive conference losses has a chance against us, unless we say its o.k. to beat us.

In this morning's Constipation, P.J. Daniels was quoted:
"We just weren't prepared.....some younger players......We knew it was Duke, so it was kind of like 'Duke'".

Good footbal programs police themselves internally. Whomever the leaders are on this squad, they are the ones that need to put the fear of God into the team.

Teams like Oklahoma and Miami have it. They don't have to wait to watch films to see if the coaches will chew their butt. Its teammates that the slackers fear, and get their heads on right for. Practices are miserable for those that have let the team down. Games are the easy part.

I certainly hope that peer pressure exists on the Flats, and I hope that there is senior leadership fear being instilled this week.
Without it, forget it.

Re: If Gailey and staff can\'t motivate.....

Actually - teams like Miami don't have it this year and neither do teams like Va Tech.

Both are a bunch of punks this year.

But they ususally do and Oklahoma does.

Good post.

The safest airline in the world is one that just had an accident. Maybe our guys will overcompensate with good results.

Post Clemson was great so I can't imagine this crowd will let this happen for the next three years. Duke would have to get their attention.

Here's hoping we just traded out a loss to Duke for a win over UGA (possible, even if not probable).

Re: If Gailey and staff can\'t motivate.....

Originally posted by techfowl:
Here's hoping we just traded out a loss to Duke for a win over UGA (possible, even if not probable).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Tech:

Taking the laws of probability out of the equation... I really think UGAg can be beat. They played an awful game against Vandy (1st half) and UAB (whole game @ Homecoming). I really believe that the GT/UGAg game will be just like the GT/Duke game. It will go the team that wants it the most. Duke was a team with a mission, i.e., they were playing for Roof. 'If' our team can get motivated, I believe that we can win on Nov 29. Sure, we're hurting on depth but we definitely have the talent pool.

BuzzB

Back