Have we had as many or more season ending injuries

texstinger

Dodd-Like
as our competition? Hollings, Gaithers, Wiley, Uremovich, Miller. All guys we could not afford to lose. Anyone? Who have I forgotten?

Injuries and depth

My take, which could be wrong, is that everyone has injuries, but we seem to always be behind the depth curve, so that the injuries have a bigger impact on us.

When you consider that only 7 (not counting a kicker) scholarship players from the 2002 recruiting class are still in school, you get a sense of the lack of depth. It has been this way since Lewis.

Re: Injuries and depth

No doubt, but I am not talking about just injuries, but SEASON (or even career) ending injuries to studs. I do not know of anyone we play that has had as many.

curry

I'll never forget the practice report where Curry hurt his knee. Was that the 1st practice of the year. It was one of the first three. He was a true Soph, showing much more potential than Freddy. We were pre-season top 10 after that notre dame win.

Anyway, that sucked. Maybe curry can bounce back and have a great year like he was poised to do before the injury.

I have wondered about that before myself. My take is that statistics would dictate that over time these things even themselves out. I believe we simply do not follow other teams close enough to even know when they lose a starter. Also, the depth thing as pointed out above comes into play - when Miami lost Gore at RB they put in someone (McGahee?) who was just as good. When we lost Tony Hollings it was a bit more noticeable.

Back