GT v. FSU in Ireland 2024

I don't disagree with your argument, but we will get more national coverage in Dublin than we would in Atlanta.....international coverage too.
And this will likely be the first P5 game of the 2024 season. Football fans will be craving the opportunity to watch games at that time. Hope it's an afternoon (EDT) kickoff instead of the 7 am start that we had last time we played.

And this will likely be the first P5 game of the 2024 season. Football fans will be craving the opportunity to watch games at that time. Hope it's an afternoon (EDT) kickoff instead of the 7 am start that we had last time we played.
That would mean a night-time game in Dublin. I assume (don't remember) they have lights in the stadium. I wouldn't object to that, and it would definitely attract more attention here at home. Now that I think of it, with Dublin being so far north, a night game in late August would still have plenty of daylight for most of it.

That would mean a night-time game in Dublin. I assume (don't remember) they have lights in the stadium. I wouldn't object to that, and it would definitely attract more attention here at home.
That would set up a pretty epic full day tailgate there, assuming you could get your hands on some appropriate beverages. Does anyone know if alcohol is easy to come by in Ireland?

That would mean a night-time game in Dublin. I assume (don't remember) they have lights in the stadium. I wouldn't object to that, and it would definitely attract more attention here at home. Now that I think of it, with Dublin being so far north, a night game in late August would still have plenty of daylight for most of it.
The Northwestern/Nebraska game in Dublin last year started at 12:30 pm EDT, so I guess it was a night game under lights in Ireland.

Serious question -- Does anyone remember, did season ticket holders get ireland tickets last time as part of the season ticket package, or did we have to buy separately? Wondering if I should reserve tickets now via the GT2Ireland website.

I think the game was completely separate from the season tickets.

Can I bring my shillelagh on the plane or will I have to put it in checked luggage?

Ireland trip is great, but FSU blew us off as an annual opponent and now we go to Ireland to play them. Put us up in Ireland against NCS, Wake, BC, etc. We will never play FSU at home again, just what they want....and why I think they know we are Big Ten Bound one day.

The Northwestern/Nebraska game in Dublin last year started at 12:30 pm EDT, so I guess it was a night game under lights in Ireland.
Sunset in Dublin is about 8:30 in late August, and they are only 4 hours ahead of Atlanta (if I’m keeping my shifting daylight savings times right), so you could have a 3:30 ET game that’s a 7:30 kick in Ireland.

Sunset in Dublin is about 8:30 in late August, and they are only 4 hours ahead of Atlanta (if I’m keeping my shifting daylight savings times right), so you could have a 3:30 ET game that’s a 7:30 kick in Ireland.
So Ireland is 4 hours ahead now, but will be 5 again when they spring forward in a couple weeks.

Do we get the ticket revenue since it is our home game?

IDK for sure, but expect it's similar to a bowl game, or even some of the other neutral site season openers GT has played in, especially since AerLingus is one of the sponsors. These don't happen in a vacuum or overnight & I'm sure the GTAA BoT & CBK (or even TFG) bought off on this.

I imagine J Batt will release the details when, and only when, he's ready to do so.
rockon.gif

We did 2 weeks around Ireland and Northern Ireland culminating in a few days in Dublin ahead of the game. It was great. Dublin is a cool city, and they went all out celebrating the game with flags and banners and billboards everywhere - way more welcoming than I’ve ever seen for a bowl game.

The pregame festivities at Trinity were fun, and I even got to hold a crystal national championship football on the Waterford factory tour. This trip is definitely worth it.

JRjr

Ireland trip is great, but FSU blew us off as an annual opponent and now we go to Ireland to play them. Put us up in Ireland against NCS, Wake, BC, etc. We will never play FSU at home again, just what they want....and why I think they know we are Big Ten Bound one day.
There are more FSU alums in the metro Atlanta area than there are Tech alums.
I don't think they're too terribly afraid to play us at BDS/HGF.

And you can ferry from Northern Ireland to Islay in about an hour and get some amazing Scotch.

I want to beat them in Atlanta, then fly to Ireland that night and beat them again in Dublin the next morning. Then fly to London, Metz, Munich, Barcelona, Gibraltar, Rome, Bratislava, Sparta and Istanbul and beat them again and again over the course of two weeks. Then fly back home to beat Clemson.
Those idiots probably don't know where any of those places are.

Back