GA Southern Aftermath Poll

Did GA Southern + 2 prior games change your opinion of Paul

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

33jacket

Dodd-Like
feel free to vote

should added miami and clemson to the VT and UGA line, not win all 4 but 2-2 vs these guys...anyway that was my intent..

It didn't change my opinion of him, but none of the other stuff you put in the options really fits me.

It didn't change my opinion of him, but none of the other stuff you put in the options really fits me.

one has to be relatively close? What am i missing..I guess I can't go back and add it...try to pick 1 if u can

He has flaws, but I don't see any other coach having his level of success at GT.

Yeah, this poll doesn't work for me either. He lost me last year, but I still like him. I just don't believe anymore that the GT recruiting handicap plus his system recruiting handicap can be overcome.

I still think he's a good fit for GT. I still think his play calling gets really stubborn. I still think his recruiting needs to be better.

Yeah, this poll doesn't work for me either. He lost me last year, but I still like him. I just don't believe anymore that the GT recruiting handicap plus his system recruiting handicap can be overcome.

so then that would be No, I don't like him

like him means for the job...not him personally

or you saying there should be a 6th...it doesn't really matter who the coach is GT is the problem???

Well, that is not what the poll says, and I don't want to say "I don't like him as a coach", because I do. I just don't think he can overcome the talent gap, but right now, I am not sure anyone else can either....

Well, that is not what the poll says, and I don't want to say "I don't like him as a coach", because I do. I just don't think he can overcome the talent gap, but right now, I am not sure anyone else can either....

yeah i probably should have done better with the words.

The "I like him, I don't like him" means as a coach for this job....But if you like him as a coach, then it would be the first...no nothing changed for me, i like him he is a good fit.

You are basically saying no one can cure the talent gap which is outside the coach being a good fit i guess??

Just trying to find buckets for everyone. I mean, i think every poll will have an opinion gap somewhere really

PJ would destroy everyone else with Alabama's players, but he would not be able to recruit them to Alabama in the first place. I think he really would be more at home in the NFL, but some owner would have to have the gonads the size of rear view mirror dice to take that gamble.

I thought he was a good fit for Tech, but honestly he needs to bring more talent to the flats. I saw what he did when we had some talent. I just hold out hope it will happen again, but the past few years I have lost a lot of faith. It seems like kids just don't want to come to Tech. Not sure if it is CPJ system or just Tech in general. It is probably a combination of both. I think CPJ has a solid QB finally that can run his style of offense but I have the feeling he won't be here as long as Justin Thomas.

Saying all that, I think he would be a superb coach at a service academy (Navy, duh) or at a school in a lower FCS conference like the Sunbelt. If he was a coach for a team in the Sunbelt I would bet no Big 5 conference schools would want to schedule his team.

probably right...at the same time I think he needs to show some big 4 wins this year...

Or what? We go steal Southern's coach?

:naughty:

Personally, I really hope Justin Thomas is allowed to play out his eligibility under Johnson. Johnson finally has the guy he's been looking for at QB, and I really want to see what that guy can do.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is how after seeing this guy for 6 and 1/4 years can anyone like this guy! As my neighbor (he played for the Bear back in the 60's) said he does not understand how anyone can support this guy!

You're neighbor probably just says that to get you to stop talking to him about it like you think he needs to be converted.

I like him because I feel constantly on the edge of greatness. I think JT can be the QB to help us take that next step, and I like what I've seen from Roof and Co. on the recruiting trail the past 2 years.

I'm still preaching patience. But if we get manhandled all year on both sides of the ball...I would be disappointed and resigned to accept that he's good as gone.

Personally, I really hope Justin Thomas is allowed to play out his eligibility under Johnson. Johnson finally has the guy he's been looking for at QB, and I really want to see what that guy can do.

This.

I've been at every one of those pole options at some point during each game this season.

At the end of the day, I don't know what to think. But we won, so... blah. I get the feeling that the team is improving with every game this season, fixing old mistakes and uncovering huge alarming new ones. We'll see if we can fix last week's problem this week and keep this week's problem from costing us a victory. As long as we can do that and still beat everybody by 3 points, I'm a fan. I'm going to pull all of my hair out and destroy my liver, but I'm a fan.

I agree, as much of a non-CPJ fan as I am, I feel like JT is the man for this position, and would hate to not be able to see it through its fruititon. Good things could happen...

I'm with this. I want to see what Thomas can do, and can Roof come up with a defensive line in the next 2 years. I was expecting several jaw dropping games this year due to the DL and the lack of depth there. Offense I expect to be good but not great. It may have been different without the off season attrition handed down by the I.

My poll response would be: No it didn't change my opinion, I'm was questioning whether CPJ was the guy before; but I also question whether THE GUY actually exists who would coach at GT.

Back