Forgive me for posting a second thread on an old post

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
but on that Clemson poster - which was kind of funny - the record should be set straight for those that didn't know:

When Clemson went to the Humanitarian Bowl, it was only on the condition that the ACC BUY 20,000 tickets (that were unused) to buy the goodwill of those that make the decision. Without that guarantee, they don't go.

it's ok for other fans to give us a hard time on this one - we can and will do better. But a CU fan? Wrong guy.

I'm proud to have them in the ACC and I will pull for them at the Peach Bowl, but all things being equal, at least our trip to the Humanitarian Bowl did not include a provision that daddy bails us out.

They have done well since then and so will we. We all have our cycles and we are on the way back up.

I don't really have a problem with that guy's post - it was mostly in jest - I just didn't want a recruit reading it and not knowing the difference.

No. Dammit.

The point was not that we would sell tickets to this one, but that those sales were not bargained for and prepaid by the ACC to guarantee the bowl berth.

Originally posted by jacketpower:
unrelated, any word on how many tickets GT has sold?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I wasn't sure about you, but now I am. What an a-hole. Get off the board.

techfowl,

I believe that I read in a Dave Braine interview that the ACC guaranteed us against taking a loss on the bowl and if we go to the bowl we guarantee a certain amount of ticket sales. So they might not being buying tickets per se, but we have made an arrangement with the ACC.

Back