First football commit of 2005 class(link)

Awesome, 1 down, 24 to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif. Always good to see us getting in state recruits, too bad the kid won't get all the hype around him that the late commits get but nice to have a good start on recruiting.

Love it.....Another big DB in The Tenuta

tradition....Everywhere Jon Tenuta has been he has coached and developed Big Db's...All 4 of our Starting DB's have a chance to be in the NFL...Butler is projected as a top 10 pick in the upcoming draft. Gailey said that Landry was an NFL caliber safety and Houston and Scott are highly thought of ..High School DB's are taking notice as to Tenuta's track record....

Already has an offer from Clemson as well.

Clemson knows their DB's.

I'd say it's a good pick up for more than one reason. Good speed (4.5), has the grades, nice height. Plus - we aren't going to commit to any kid this early unless we are sure about what he brings to the table.

At 6'1" 185 'now,' he should be closer to 205 after a strong weight program, making him an option at safety or corner.

It's good to see we are focusing on replacing what will be gone in two years. And the kid is from Savannah, which is huge Dawg country.

Good post BW. Shawn Springs still credits Tenuta with having a huge impact on his development. Tenuta is the Jedi Master of DB's, and I hope these younger guys are taking notice just like you said.

Thanks for keeping us up to date GTDean. I'm starved for anything football.

Welcome to the flats, Tony!

Found an article on Tony(he is a track guy). Sounds like a great athlete!!
web page
2419817.jpg

Well, he does attend Groves HS... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/trout.gif

thanks dean! looks like a great start for our next class. isn't that also where leon r played hs?

Back