ESPN says GT has #2 national schedule strength

Re: Texstinger....We DONT need another tough

dropping Duke for FSU... that's impossible as WE have no control over the In Conference Scheculing, so if you are mad about that then you are just bitching about something Braine has no control over. Get over it.

No, YOU get over it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

just Learn, like others to just ignore him!!!

Ignore me? I think he was making a joke. Stop being so serious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/withstupid.gif

I was! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

BOR, Do me and anyone else who posts an opinion contrary to yours, and lose the chip on your shoulder.

After reviewing my post, I can't see where you come across accusing me of bitching. Have you ever read anything posted by me that was remotely negative re: Dave Braine? Chan Gailey? Georgia Tech in general? I didn't think so.

I'm as aware of who makes the in-conference scheduling as most, so I don't presume to accuse anyone of dodging tough teams. I agree with the prognosticators; I think we've got a damn hard schedule compared to other schools. I LIKE the fact that we have a damn hard schedule. There's no way you can infer from my posting that "I'm mad about that," so in my opinion, you're off base.

My point was only that (as stated earlier, idealistically) I'd prefer a tougher team to a patsy. Would I rather see us in a National Championship game than sitting home because we had no margin for error, absolutely. Would I prefer a major bowl game to home, absolutely. That doesn't preclude my preference to tough games versus the Samfords of the world. We all know why we schedule the way we do, every team does it.

I think you need to lose the jaded glasses through which you read other's postings and realize that other people have valid opinions that may contrast yours.

Throwing barbs at others will do nothing but piss people off. If you've got a problem with my opinion, piss off.

[ QUOTE ]
I cringe when we schedule a DI-AA team. I don't care how good they are. Until Duke and UNC show that they are a respectable win (and it hasn't been that long since UNC was there), I don't want to see patsy-games on our schedule. Samford, in my opinion, is a disgraceful scheduling...... On an 11 game schedule, we have 8 ACC games. I would like to see us drop Duke and pick FSU back up.

I realize that this is unrealistic and that even the perenial Top-10 teams play patsies. But this is one man's opinion and I'm just sharing it with you all. I feel the same way about the basketball schedule. I'd much rather play the schedule Michigan State had last Fall than the one we did. I would, however, prefer our Fall record to theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, ease up. Yes, I do have a chip on my shoulder, there is no need to point out the obvious. Second, I was just having a little fun and wasn;t really trying to point the finger at you but was trying to address the crowd. I did a poor job of relaying that. I based my comments on the first part of your quote above. I realize that you were being unrealistic and only want what is absolutely best. No big deal.

But let me be clear. I agree with you 100%. I would rather play the tough opponets than the Samfords and Dukes. Playing patsies is not MY opinion. I do not disagree with your opinion. However, to point out that you would like for us to Drop Duke and play FSU was an invalid point. It cannot be done PERIOD, so why even whine about that to further your arguement? That WAS my point.

Anyway... I disagree with a lot of fonts on here, and I have one simple rule that I apply to everyone, which is...

You are entitled to your opinion... even if it is a stupid one.

Fortunately for you, I happen to agree with the majority of your opinion when it comes to scheduling. In which case, you might not be stupid.

Regardless, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/withstupid.gif

Back