ESPN Power Rankings

We would've beaten them 100%
59cc5c2893ee30da3820ea5c67718cb6--clarice-starling-jessica-chastain.jpg

I highly doubt we start the season ranked #24 but we'd have a chance to be in the low-teens at 3-0 headed into playing a top 3 ranked Clemson. Dare I say host Gameday?? The only other game week 4 that could beat out would be TAMU at Bama. But TAMU would have already lost to Clemson in my scenario and the Jimbo v. Saban storyline won't beat out a low-teens GT hosting top-3 Clemson. (other notables are UF at Tenn and Nebraska at Michigan if Frost starts hot)

Starting unranked means we have a likely shot at being #24 by the time we go 3-0 to host Clemson.

I highly doubt we start the season ranked #24 but we'd have a chance to be in the low-teens at 3-0 headed into playing a top 3 ranked Clemson. Dare I say host Gameday?? The only other game week 4 that could beat out would be TAMU at Bama. But TAMU would have already lost to Clemson in my scenario and the Jimbo v. Saban storyline won't beat out a low-teens GT hosting top-3 Clemson. (other notables are UF at Tenn and Nebraska at Michigan if Frost starts hot)

Starting unranked means we have a likely shot at being #24 by the time we go 3-0 to host Clemson.

SeeBS almost always has UF-UT. Nebraska/UM or 'Bama will probably get it - both will be seen as more compelling nationally than GT-Clemson.

It's tough when you have 22 starters and lose 30+ of them. Once you get into negative starters, you're in big trouble.

They say that all men are created equal, but you look at Tech and you look at the dawgs and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But we’re geniuses and our offense is not standard!

So georgia has a 25%, AT BEST, at beating us. Then you add our new Defensive Coordinator to the mix, their chances of winning drastically go down.
See between the 3 coaches on the field, georgia has a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but we have a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Kirby Smart KNOWS he can't beat us with his own players and he's not even gonna try!

So Georgia will take their 33 1/3 chance, minus our 25% chance and they have an 8 1/3 chance of winning against CPJ and Woody. But then take CPJ’s 75% chance of winning and then add 66 2/3 per cents, we have a 141 2/3 chance of winning this fall.

See mutt, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you this fall.

So Georgia will take their 33 1/3 chance, minus our 25% chance and they have an 8 1/3 chance of winning against CPJ and Woody. But then take CPJ’s 75% chance of winning and then add 66 2/3 per cents, we have a 141 2/3 chance of winning this fall.

Not sure about the math, but I like the way you're thinking!

Seniors and guys with significant playing time.
That 30 number has been floating around, but it applies to everybody including walk-ons. Nobody has 30 seniors after four years, when you can sign about 25 and then have attrition. Basically UGA loses I think 8 on defense who started (though there are others returning who also started) and 3 or 4 on offense--a center, a running back (two running backs who played a lot, obviously, Michel and Chubb) and one offensive linemen. The offense will be stout, while the defense will have half the year to get up to speed.
They say that all men are created equal, but you look at Tech and you look at the dawgs and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But we’re geniuses and our offense is not standard!

So georgia has a 25%, AT BEST, at beating us. Then you add our new Defensive Coordinator to the mix, their chances of winning drastically go down.
See between the 3 coaches on the field, georgia has a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but we have a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Kirby Smart KNOWS he can't beat us with his own players and he's not even gonna try!

No doubt. You guys know your stats and probabilities. If I were you, I'd bet the house in Vegas on a big Tech victory!

Back