ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery Forming Joint Venture to Launch Streaming Sports Service in the U.S.

I look forward to stealing this programming from Crackstreams
joker-now-we-are-talking.gif

A la carte PPV sport event pricing with no commercials is the endgame. It'll take so long to get there though that the sports will all be unrecognizable.

A la carte PPV sport event pricing with no commercials is the endgame. It'll take so long to get there though that the sports will all be unrecognizable.
I'll be surprised if we ever get football without commercials. I will gladly settle for sports ala carte so I no longer need
to pay for the channels that could never survive without a package deal.

And soon enough I will stop watching for the same reasons I gave up boxing a year or so ago: the results are no longer legitimate. It's weird to me that nobody is talking about how the massive amounts of money involved in gambling will turn every sport into pro wrestling. But then again, why would anyone complain when they don't give a öööö?

I feel like the more legitimized gambling is, and the more these massive, billion-dollar networks and leagues get involved in it, the less likely the results are to be fixed. Gambling is a money spigot for these giant companies that pays out regardless of what the results on the field are, so there's no need to rig it, and the only way that spigot turns off is if the games actually do turn out to be fixed.

I guarantee that whoever loses money on a football game that they think is fixed will complain.

That is true but that was also true even before gambling. Go to any sports message board thread from the pre-gambling era and you'll find plenty of posts talking about how the whole thing is rigged.

I feel like the more legitimized gambling is, and the more these massive, billion-dollar networks and leagues get involved in it, the less likely the results are to be fixed. Gambling is a money spigot for these giant companies that pays out regardless of what the results on the field are, so there's no need to rig it, and the only way that spigot turns off is if the games actually do turn out to be fixed.

That is true but that was also true even before gambling. Go to any sports message board thread from the pre-gambling era and you'll find plenty of posts talking about how the whole thing is rigged.
Message boards tend to attract cynical negative type people.

...the only way that spigot turns off is if the games actually do turn out to be fixed.
Maybe not even then. The WWE is working with Ernst & Young to figure out how to get States to allow betting on "Fixed Outcome" events (one of their arguments is that betting already takes place on the Academy Awards). All the NFL would have to do is come out with a statement that their events are scripted, whether they were or not.

Note: Check out Tom Grossi on YouTube to see some funny videos on scripting the NFL.

Back