ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery Forming Joint Venture to Launch Streaming Sports Service in the U.S.

I wonder how much money they will give the SEC.

Disney stock is way down, not going to bail loser ESPN out. FOX is a stock loser also. Warner Brothers is a stock joke. So you get all the "woke" BS companies together to see if they can squeeze water out of a rock.
Loservilles = layoffs coming. Competition creates innovation. No competition = dying market. To many elites, to many big contracts, everybody choosing between entertainment and butter.

And 99% of sports fans will subscribe to the service. This is a huge blow for Comcast going forward. Cable industry is dying a slow death.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who dropped Xfinity for Hulu+, etc along with apps like Peacock, PrIme, Paramount+, Max, etc. We have 2 Gig speed fiber internet connections + all the apps and it’s still less than what I was paying for Xfinity monthly.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who dropped Xfinity for Hulu+, etc along with apps like Peacock, PrIme, Paramount+, Max, etc. We have 2 Gig speed fiber internet connections + all the apps and it’s still less than what I was paying for Xfinity monthly.

Been using YoutubeTV for the last few years, and even with the price jumps, I'm still paying less for it and gig internet from a local provider than I was to Xfinity. If I can get sports as a separate package, I might be able to drop YTTV (although CW showing some ACC games might be an issue).

It is amazing to see the market change.

IMO, the tie into gambling is going to be the path for ESPN and Fox. Interest in just the pure sport of football is down

IMO, the tie into gambling is going to be the path for ESPN and Fox. Interest in just the pure sport of football is down

I would tie fantasy football and gambling together. Weekly drafts and head to head matchups or group challenges. The house taking a slice obviously. That would drive ratings across a broad range of games.

And 99% of sports fans will subscribe to the service. This is a huge blow for Comcast going forward. Cable industry is dying a slow death.

Where are you getting 2 Gig speed internet outside of Xfinity, and cheaper than what you would be paying for internet+TV from Xfinity?

Anybody know anyone inside this group or the companies that would have access? I know someone who would fit extremely well inside this group.

And soon enough I will stop watching for the same reasons I gave up boxing a year or so ago: the results are no longer legitimate. It's weird to me that nobody is talking about how the massive amounts of money involved in gambling will turn every sport into pro wrestling. But then again, why would anyone complain when they don't give a öööö?

And soon enough I will stop watching for the same reasons I gave up boxing a year or so ago: the results are no longer legitimate. It's weird to me that nobody is talking about how the massive amounts of money involved in gambling will turn every sport into pro wrestling. But then again, why would anyone complain when they don't give a öööö?
I guarantee that whoever loses money on a football game that they think is fixed will complain.

One of the playoff games looked like It was cooked.
Are you thinking Texas vs Washington? If one of these star NIL bonus babies want to lose everything let it be discovered that they were dealing with gamblers and their point spreads.

I guarantee that whoever loses money on a football game that they think is fixed will complain.
Yes. And in ten years time, "sports fan" will be synonymous with "degenerate gambler". The thing we call "sports" is already in the final stage of its conversion into a television show, and now it is being folded into a new participatory product which will replace fanatics with junkies.

Where are you getting 2 Gig speed internet outside of Xfinity, and cheaper than what you would be paying for internet+TV from Xfinity?
Spectrum + local internet through the city I live in has fiber service as well. Had to get 2 connections due to the outages we’ve had recently through Spectrum.

Back