Edge Replacement Construction

The best part of the new festivities are the tents/tailgates on Tech lawn. That part should definitely continue either way.

I found that very confusing. Like they have some things that are open to the public and some things that are VIP/reserved and they’re all mixed together and it’s not clear what’s for general consumption.

JRjr

I found that very confusing. Like they have some things that are open to the public and some things that are VIP/reserved and they’re all mixed together and it’s not clear what’s for general consumption.

JRjr
True. I just walked through there a couple times and liked the vibes. It at least looks like an exciting, festive event is going on and has the benefit of incorporating a beautiful part of campus that generally isn't a hive of action. I guess I have a pretty low bar to clear when it comes to my expectations at this point. So the GTAA has that going for it, I guess. :dunno:

It looked to me that Tech Green wasn’t even used for the last couple of games. I assume they had moved that stuff to the Tech Tower area.

If they did fix Peters so that it was more tailgating friendly then it would be outstanding with a lot of close tailgating.

Call each donor. Inform them that the new college landscape of NIL has caused the GTAA to reassess the ROI on the renovations. Return the donation, asking that the donor consider re-donating with this in mind. TheTechWay follows up with a major fundraising push the following day. Bob's your uncle.
It's not hard. Really.

It's also just generally prettier and more intimate feeling on the North end. The best part of the new festivities are the tents/tailgates on Tech lawn. That part should definitely continue either way.
Those tents and tailgates are not for the general fan. Most of it is invite only sponsors, VIP, and the recruits tents. Just something for the general fans to walk past like 3rd class Titanic passengers. There is the ACC thing, but really nothing is there but some Jenga and Cornhole.

It looked to me that Tech Green wasn’t even used for the last couple of games. I assume they had moved that stuff to the Tech Tower area.

If they did fix Peters so that it was more tailgating friendly then it would be outstanding with a lot of close tailgating.
I suppose. Looks like they cut back on the tailgate offerings.

I suppose. Looks like they cut back on the tailgate offerings.
I think for the UGA game it was near empty and it surprised me. People are putting up tents along the walkways there.

visiting teams used it a couple of games.

It was for sure different than the previous season.

North Ave pregame is great. I doubt they ever move it back.
They closed off North Ave but still let vehicles through & you've got the local rentacops telling you where you can stand. Hard to screw this up more than they did, but another year and they might be able to jack up whatever got by them last year. Big old empty green space between the library and student center but hey let's cram a bunch of people into a sidewalk and half a road. We're supposed to be an Engineering school but sometimes I wonder if we're being run by a bunch of government rejects.

They closed off North Ave but still let vehicles through & you've got the local rentacops telling you where you can stand. Hard to screw this up more than they did, but another year and they might be able to jack up whatever got by them last year. Big old empty green space between the library and student center but hey let's cram a bunch of people into a sidewalk and half a road. We're supposed to be an Engineering school but sometimes I wonder if we're being run by a bunch of government rejects.
And, not that we have the problem, but is impassable during a near sellout. You're funnelling 15k people, like the UGAg game, into a space meant for maybe 2-3k, max. There was nowhere to go. The stairs up to the tower lawn became so crowded they were impassable. You couldn't go down back east without fighting your way there. You absolutely couldn't go west. The one stairway and just being pushy was the only way through. It was.....well..... Ludacris, pun intended. The fence down North on the southside just made it worse.

They really should rethink, once the Edge is rebuilt, about getting rid of, or modifying Peters Parking. Maybe some parking could stay and it could be rebuilt similar to the 5th street bridge. Have premium parking underneath, a park on the roof. I do think you'd have to cut the number of parking spaces to make it happen.

Back