Drew Gause

Ham4heisman

Varsity Lurker
Is it just me or does this kid look like a stud athlete, steal, that has huge potential? I mean he might not even come to school b/c he might decide to play minor league baseball. He also switch hits...

He runs a 4.4 forty, and he looks ripped. Why isn't Drew more highly rated? Can anybody tell me why?

I REALLY think we found a diamond in the rough here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Here is a link to his profile-
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=18464

He isn't more highly rated because he's going to play pro baseball after he gets drafted for big $$$ in June.

A lot of schools backed off since he likely won't be playing football. No scholarship offers = low rating.

That's the whole problem with ratings right there cdk. If the services had any clue about how to rate players, who they get offers from wouldn't even be part of their system. So you're saying he's rated low because nobody recruited him because you think he's going to play baseball. Imagine my surprise, his rating isn't based on his talent. What a joke.

You know what is cool, though?.... He may get drafted and he may sign with a big league organization BUT who says he won't return to college to play football after a couple of years in baseball. There are several stud football players in the college ranks who have done the same thing.

This might be like making a trade for a first rounder in 2006. If it is truly the case it wouldn't have been a total waste of a 'ship because we are relatively strong at RB right now and pro experience in another sport does not affect amateur eligibility. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/2orglaugh.gif

Very good point....

except in my opinion it should. They should at least have age limits for college players.

Re: Very good point....

The rules are what they are, but I agree with you. There should be an age limit. Did anyone like the fact that Chris Weinke was out there for the Criminoles at what, 28 years of age? How old was Mauck (sp?) for LSU this year?

The question was asked last Wednesday morning...

at the signing day thingie about the odds of Drew ever playing college football.

CCG assured us there that young Mr Gause was excited about coming to Tech to play football and possibly college baseball.

The coaches questioned him about exploring his Pro BB options and DG reassured them that Pro BB was not in his immediate future.

With all that said, we'll see. It wouldn't bee the first time a signee crawfished at the scent of the $$$.

Was there anything asked/said about him playing

baseball at GT? If he is that much of a stud baller then I would expect he would want to keep his skills up to date while he plays FB.

Beesball opportunity will depend on his

maintaining a certain GPA at Tech,per CCG's policy,in order to participate in another springtime sport. There are some football players running track now.

BTW,Drew is reported to bee an excellent student having never made less than A's in H.S. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbup.gif

I wouldn't necesarily believe the 4.4 forty time. At 5-8' 200 lbs, I'd be amazed if he actually ran that fast.

On another note, George Lombard was a great RB and was predicted to be a Major League 1st round draftee and he was very highly rated. So don't believe that BS either.

All I know is that I'm happy he's on our team, because he looks like a freaking tank.

The expectation was that he would not be a very high round draft choice for major league baseball and so even though he is likely to be drafted it may not be high enough to lure him away from playing football. Of course the coaches acknowledged that things could change but Drew does want to play college football and wants to play it at GT. Keep in mind there's also some allure to playing for Coach Hall, who definitely knows about Mr. Gause.

All that having been said, I could definitely understand when Drew gets drafted by a major league team if he decides to go after the money. In fact I'd root for him in baseball :)

No, it ain't jes you.

This is some kinda recruiting here on CCG & Co. part.

I tink this boy's gonna play football at TECH and I tink he's gonna leave a mark.

Maybe plays some beesball too!

Baseball Drafting

Baseball drafting is not like football and basketball. In those other sports the higher the draft choice, the more money they get. It is built into the structure. In baseball, a 30th round pick could get a millionaire's contract.

I suspect Drew is not quite rated high enough to be a big bucks signee, so his commitment to college football will push him way way down in the draft. That team could still put on a push to sign him, but I don't expect that.

The heart's desire to play college football can be very strong.

Back