CBS Sportsline thinks Gailey is safe/solid,

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
but nearing the bubble. In a compilation of all the Head Coaches around the country, done by Dennis Dodd of CBS Sportsline, HC Chan Gailey is viewed identicle to Tom Bowden of Clemson. This is a pretty good endorsement since T. Bowden really hushed his critics last yr.
Most of the ACC coaches are real solid & several are absolutely untouchable as far as being in even warm water is concerned. The ones in zero warm water are Friedgen, Coker, Amato, Groh & Beamer with virtually no unrest seen for B. Bowden or Grobe, either. Roof was a tad high considering this is his 1st full season. HC John Bunting is definitely on the HOT SEAT this season. Bunting has recruited well, but has not turned the recruits into winners on the collegiate level.
Something to ponder on a June day:

Hot seat ratings of the Head Coaches

Ace, I just don't understand you constanst need to editorialize about the stuff you link. Nowhere in the article does Dodd say anything about coaches "approaching the bubble". He has a simple scale 2-2.5 is safe, solid. 3-3.5 is on the bubble. What's the deal man?

[ QUOTE ]
Ace, I just don't understand you constanst need to editorialize about the stuff you link. Nowhere in the article does Dodd say anything about coaches "approaching the bubble". He has a simple scale 2-2.5 is safe, solid. 3-3.5 is on the bubble. What's the deal man?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, you think I was right about Ace? Love the links. Love the info. But Ace, your editorials on each issue REEK of tongue in cheek jabs at this coaching staff.
Clemson fans still don't like T Bowden. I know a ton of Clemson fans that were actually pissed he beat FSU because had he not, they could have fired him. To compare our coach to T Bowden is pretty much BS. Gailey has a LOT more support than Bowden does. Bowden didn't hush any critics, he kept them at bay another year. The two aren't even close to being "Identical". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif You claim you support Gailey, but with each post it seems you really don't. So why don't you just say you don't like him as a coach? IT isn't going to kill us to hear that.

Whoa, Senor Rum

I claimed nothing & editorialized on nothing. Tried to repeat a little of the article to whet the appetite to read the article, sort of a sneak preview to help folks decide if they want to read about it or not.
The article rated Gailey identicle to T.Bowden, based on supporters support of the HC, in Dennis Dodd's opinion. I haven't rated any coach based on anything. Ergo, Dodd is who your argument is with.
The article also rated Coach Bunting as the HC most on the hot seat in the entire country. Any grievances there?

Re: Whoa, Senor Rum

No, the point is with your characterization of Gailey. Dodd rates him as safe...period. You added the comment about "nearing the bubble". That is nowhere in the article or in his characterization of any coach with the score he gave Gailey. You're like the headline writer who tries to generate some buzz, even if the article doesn't support the spin.

Well...

If 2-2.5 is safe and 3-3.5 is on the bubble... then I would characterize 2.5 as safe but nearing the bubble.

You\'re right, of course

I could've left it out & not stepped on the part of the toe above the toenail. Then again, the board needed a little 'buzz' or, perhaps, 'pizazz' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :>).

Tech Kac--you're absolutely right & captured the essence of the 'editorial' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Back