CBS Sportsline gives moderate edge to Tech in Humanitarian Bowl

Slight edge? We will spank Tulsa so bad that even Suggs will get some playing time. Tulsa is not a good team, and we all know it. They won one game last year, 8 this year, and still they are no where to be found in the ratings world.

Reggie Ball is talented and I suspect GT will play with confidence going into this game knowing they are the better opponent. The only thing that would make me back off an 18+ win prediction is the weather. If it is cold with rain/slow, then we may only win in the "slight" category that this guy predicts.

The game should not be close.

I wouldn't at all, but if you must talk, then talk big when it's over. Never before.

Tulsa will come to play. That is the same attitude we had before Duke.

Duke would beat Tulsa. Didn't Duke play Tennessee a close game until the fourth quarter? They are a team getting more competitive. I hated losing to them, but they are no Tulsa.

Looks like the betting public is 11+ points off. Wow. Anyone who thinks we win easy should bet bigtime and break the bank.
pat.gif

I'm confident in this team. We played FSU to the wire, for pete's sake. Now, some are worried about Tulsa?

Ball will lead the charge. Our stats were against Auburn, Clemson, UGA, and FSU to name a few...those teams are just a tad different from Tulsa wouldn't you say?

Jacketpower...Again it sounds like you are setting everyone up for unrealistic expectations....No in the Snow as others have stated it will NOT be an easy task.....

Tulsa will be playing in the same weather conditions. Inclement weather may slow our passing game, but we still should win.

Jacketpower is very transparent. You are correct. He is trying to overstate our chances, so he can run back to the board and yell "fire Chan" should we lose.

If we were to lose, everyone should remember Jacketpower's strategy. You are not very original.

Father Time

ahsoisee...tranparent to what??? I've never stated I'm against Chan, but I did say that in his third year, he should do a little better than this year. Chan has my full support.

On this board in the regular season, postive statements were everywhere prior to just about any game...even AFTER the FSU game. Now, we're suppose to be afraid of TULSA of all teams? A team no where to be found in ANY ratings? Would Maryland, UVA, NC State, or FSU be particularly worried about this Bowl? I don't think so and I don't think any one associated with GT is really worried. Folks are just scared to say so bc it may sound "overconfident". I know it was last year, but they only won ONE game that whole year. Eight this year...and suddenly we're on an even playing field with them? We are not....and we'll crush them.

I'll make no apologies for being very confident about this game. Yep, that is transparent...about as transparent as your motives.

JP, I agree that Tech has everything it needs to make this thing lopsided.

If, somehow Tulsa wins, even those who have mastered the art of expectation lowering will be hard pressed to come up with something.

Yes, we should win 222-0, are you happy? I will not feed your foolishness with any other prediction.

Father Time

you need a tequilla shot.
shocked.gif

(remember like you said..there is a hidden "subconcsious" message here.)

Back