CBS Sports presents the Top 25 Power 5 Head Coaches

Petrino is good, CPJ is better. CPJ would never lose to this year's Kentucky with a Hiesman QB.

Kelly was 4-8 at Notre Dame! Not Tech, Notre Dame.

Dan Mullen, you know better.

David Cutcliffe is hiding athletes in bull öööö majors like that rat-faced basketball coach, but will continue to have a losing record to CPJ.

CPJ should probably be where Pat Fitzgerald is. I'd still say he's been more impressive than him. At a factory school those two would probably run the table.
# 6 or 7 in the ACC. Bout right?

It's hard to argue against Dabo considering the success he has had at Clemson, but I still believe he would struggle at a program that lacked all the financial and recruiting advantages that Clemson provides him. It would be interesting to see what kind of success he would have at Wake Forest or Northwestern, or GT for that matter.

I think most of Clemson's advantages are Dabo-created rather than built-in. Their enrollment and alumni base isn't huge, they're the smaller school in the state, SC isn't a great state for recruiting in general. They have some advantages over us, sure, but they aren't nearly at the level of Bama, Texas, Ohio State, etc. Even UGA has more advantages than Clemson.

I think Dabo's a bit of a clown, but it's hard to deny what he's built at Clemson.

Back