CBK on social media

1715219024162.png

Solid first post. Interested to see how he uses it.

I wonder to what extent it's just grade inflation

Is there public data on average GPA of Tech students over time? Then it could be adjusted for grade inflation. (Assuming though that average Tech student hasn't gotten better over time.)

Not to dismiss the new record, it could well represent an achievement

Is there public data on average GPA of Tech students over time? Then it could be adjusted for grade inflation. (Assuming though that average Tech student hasn't gotten better over time.)
Is there any Tech student that hasn't experienced grade inflation? Or do they just not do that anymore?

This is the most Tech grad response ever. Go for it!

CBK doesn't strike me as a social media type of guy. He probably needs a Jazzy Geoffrey to head up that department

so like OPS+ in baseball

hope the campus average isn't something like 3.3 or 3.4, would mean we are turning diploma-millish

What is the current threshold for Dean's List? That (might) tell us something.

Back in the day it was 3.0 while all/most other schools were 3.5

What is the current threshold for Dean's List? That (might) tell us something.

Back in the day it was 3.0 while all/most other schools were 3.5
It's still 3.0, and requires 12 credit hours. The 12 hour requirement must be why 68% of student-athletes had a 3.0 or better last semester but only 58% made dean's list.

I would guess that the overall undergrad GPA mean or avg is higher than 3.25. Also, the retention rate for freshman is 98% and the six year graduation rate is 93%.

Go look at how many graduates during the recent graduation are 'Honors' graduate or whatever. I do job fairs at GT and don't see very many resumes below 3.0; but those are all engineering degrees. The only school that I think still grades old school style is Auburn, and Auburn's grading ain't as tough as pre-1990's GT.

Back