Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

And the results on the field show one program folding like a wet blanket finishing 1-8, 4-8 after that epic win over mighty TCU (5-7), while the other went to and won a bowl game with Vegas giving an O/U of 4.5 with that “safe” hire.

You can spin it however you want, but you cannot sustain success the way Deion is running things. Bringing in a whole new OL, only to blame the OL for the failures. Demoting a solid OC, to let your son make all the decisions worked out real well didn’t it? And to top it off, the 2 elite players he signed in 2023, both have left and didn’t have a lot of good things to say on the way out. Oh and let’s not forget, Colorado had the worst 2024 HS recruiting class in the new P4.

But by all means, continue acting like what he’s doing will translate into anything more than 5-7, 6-6 seasons max in the B12. And in all reality, this will be his last year in Boulder anyway.
I'm not saying he will succeed at all as a coach. He might, I would not bet on it. This is 100% a financial move resurrecting a program that was dead before he showed up.

I'm not saying he will succeed at all as a coach. He might, I would not bet on it. This is 100% a financial move resurrecting a program that was dead before he showed up.
The financial impact will lessen significantly as CU continues to lose. The financial win looks to be short-term. Look at what happened last year once Colorado finally played real competition. Not to mention the Stanford collapse, and the team quitting on the field in the 1st half at Wazzou. Fox quickly moved on from featuring them at 12, 3:30, instead they were playing on P12N or late night FS1 / ESPN. The 1st 2 games will set the tone for the season vs FCS powerhouse NDSU and @ Nebraska.

Back