Borojacket says we get 2 and MAYBE 3.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ QUOTE ]
This could be the greatest recruiting coup in GT history if we get ALL 3 on signing day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/boom.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You've said it all!

I've had my fingers crossed for Richard. Richard plus Robertson would be outstanding. All three, a coup.

C'mon Wednesday!! (it's exciting!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blue.gif

I agree with big John over on..

the YellowJacket Sports Page site..This class already is AS good as any of the past Coach...And IF we get 1 of the 3 it will be a VERY good class...2 out of the 3 and it will be an Outstanding class and if we get 3 out of the 3..It would rank as our BEST class possibly ever...Of course it is all based on paper..This class as ALL classes will utimately be judged after a 4 year period....By the way did anyone read the recruiting Article on UT posted over on the hive?..How their Highly rated classes really did NOT do better than their not so highly rated classes..AGAIN...It is all a crap shoot..I still love the not so highly rated classes of Bobby Ross...All they did was win a National Championship...On paper this could be a very very good class!!!!

I am happy BUT.....

it will take a couple of years to evaluate this class. It is possible that it is better, but we will need to see that translate on the field.

However I am NOT unhappy with the way this class looks on paper. The fact that ALL our recruits are academically qualified is HUGE. Every school loses 1 or 2 bluechippers off their list every year and I am glad GT does not take part in that scam.

I congratulate the coaches on a job well done! After manana the only thing left to do will be to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink1.gif

Re: I agree with big John over on..

[ QUOTE ]
the YellowJacket Sports Page site..This class already is AS good as any of the past Coach...And IF we get 1 of the 3 it will be a VERY good class...2 out of the 3 and it will be an Outstanding class and if we get 3 out of the 3..It would rank as our BEST class possibly ever...Of course it is all based on paper..This class as ALL classes will utimately be judged after a 4 year period....By the way did anyone read the recruiting Article on UT posted over on the hive?..How their Highly rated classes really did NOT do better than their not so highly rated classes..AGAIN...It is all a crap shoot..I still love the not so highly rated classes of Bobby Ross...All they did was win a National Championship...On paper this could be a very very good class!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Another Shameless plug? Do you make this stuff up as you go along? Our best class ever???!!! The not so highly ranked classes of Bobby Ross???? Bobby Ross had some very highly ranked classes. Hell, he signed the USA Today player of the year in Donnie Davis, who was a higher rated QB than Shuler and Zeier. Even before that his recruits had some serious accolades. If you kept any of your old media guides you could look for yourself.

And I got to disagree with Big John, even though I respect the hell out of him. Even with the 3 guys on the board we didn't address our LB needs, we barely addressed our OL needs (we need lineman who can help right away and it is unlikely that these kids can, even though they may turn out to be the best ever on the flats), and only if all 3 remaining targets sign with Tech will we fill our alloted amount of schollies. If none of these kids sign with us then not only did we not sign 3 kids to a scholarship that we could have, we didn't address our DL or LB needs.

As we know the ranking system isn't always that, but it is all we have. The Insiders has 10 of our current 23 commits as not ranked. Rivals has 21 of 23 commits as not ranked. This is our best class ever? According to them, last years class was better than this one and that's even if we manage to sign the last 3 kids. I'm not trying to be negative, but you are putting quite a spin on this recruiting class which smells a bit like BS if you ask me, and you have yet to tell us where you learned your expertise in recruiting.

For someone who has such a strong opinion on all of our recruits, UGA's recruits, UT's recruits, All Americans, and recruiting in general, I would think we would know your qualifications by now. Have you had the chance to see ANY of our recruits live? Any on tape? If so, who? Have you had the chance to compare them to other teams recruits? Seriously? IF you're going to make these bogus statements all the time, you better be able to back it up.

Again, I'm no expert, but I'm not stupid enough to totally dismiss the recruiting sites that are out there. I trust Chan's ability to find talent even if that talent isn't as recognized as others. So in that regard I like this recruiting class. Outside of that, unless we sign these 3 guys still on the board, we don't have a top 25 recruiting class and there isn't one publication out there that will rank us in the top 25 if these 3 kids don't sign with us. Sure, they don't give trophies away for recruiting, so it really doesn't concern me. BUT, don't go saying we have "one of the best classes ever" when that is quote clearly not true. If we happen to land the 3 guys on the board, we might have one of our best (as in top 10 ever) recruiting classes. But again, we won't know for another 4 years will we?

[ QUOTE ]
http://mb5.theinsiders.com/fthehivefrm1.showMessage?topicID=23212.topic

This could be the greatest recruiting coup in GT history if we get ALL 3 on signing day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/boom.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And you place a lot of stock in that why? There are MANY on that board who have made some very bad calls already in the recruiting process. I don't think any of them could predict the outcome better than any of us. Hate to put a damper on that, but it's true.

Well for someone that says..lil ole Athens Ga.

is the artistic capital of the world In a previous post.I guess your THE expert on Everything Pertaining to College sports/recruiting exct.....Now your insults are just that young man, if you want a fight you got it..Your sorry a--- Your Remarks were uncalled for fellow...I SAID READ MY LIPS and Lay off the Rum you little immature A..ho.. I said IF we sign ALL 3 recruits this might be our best class ever.And GEE so Ross signed Donnie Davis WOW..That made his class Better than this class by your standards...I guess Calvin Johnsion Wasnt as highly ranked as Donnie..Again if you want to fight or compare your Credentials to mine then lets have at it!!!!Im really getting tired of your smart aa..i suggest lets get it on...I hated that YOU made this in to a debate About Ross and Chan....I DID NOT INTEND FOR IT TO BE hey A...Ho Show me where I did...YOU MADE THIS INTO a Comparison....And I guess your the only one Ive ever met in following GT Football some 40 years now that Thinks Ross had highly rated classes..He DID not...I hate to even be having this discussion...I loved Ross and he is my All-time favorite GT coach BUT YOU Sir have made this into a comparison..Not my original intent...You are the only A--Ho on this board that could take a positive post like mine and turn it into a fight..That is easy hiding behind a keyboard....

You have a right to disagree with Me..Fridge Mover...Anyone you want too....And can be that all knowinglegend in your own mind...But again..If youy choose to make it personal Regardless of your drunken state right now...Lets do it in person and not on some keyboard...Get the facts straight on my post also Rummer...I said ON paper as Big John did...In reagards to this class being good for GT..As we met our needs...Again that is my opinion and you have yours and as you say you put 100% of your stock in the Services YOU pay money too ..And you have twisted what I said...

wow

Was that really necessary?

Sure BW is overly optimistic about pretty much everything GT related but come on...

No need to jump down his throat about it...

This is why I don't like all this recruiting busineess. Huge dollars are spent, there is begging and pleading, and people are messing with 18 year olds minds as they make one of the biggest decisions of their life. Don't care much for the system.

Re: Well for someone that says..lil ole Athens Ga.

[ QUOTE ]
the artistic capital of the world..I guess your THE expert on Everything Pertaining to College sports/recruiting exct.....Now your insults are just that young man if you want a fight you got it..Your sorry a--- Your Remarks were uncalled for fellow...I SAID READ MY LIPS and Lay off the Rum you little immature A..ho.. I said IF we sign ALL 3 recruits this might be our best class ever.And GEE so Ross signed Donnie Davis WOW..That made his class Better than this class by your standards...I guess Calvin Johnsion Wasnt as highly ranked as Donnie..Again if you want to fight or compare your Credentials to mine then lets have at it!!!!Im really getting tired of your smart aa..i suggest lets get it on...I hated that YOU made this in to a debate About Ross and Chan....I DID NOT INTEND FOR IT TO BE hey A...Ho Show me where I did...YOU MADE THIS INTO a Comparison....And I guess your the only one Ive ever met in following GT Football some 40 years now that Thinks Ross had highly rated classes..He DID not...I hate to even be having this discussion...I loved Ross and he is my All-time favorite GT coach BUT YOU Sir have made this into a comparison..Not my original intent...You are the only A--Ho on this board that could take a positive post like mine and turn it into a fight..That is easy hiding behind a keyboard....

You have a right to disagree with Me..Fridge Mover...Anyone you want too....And can be that all knowinglegend in your own mind...But again..If youy choose to make it personal Regardless of your drunken state right now...Lets do it in person and not on some keyboard...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, now you're really sounding silly. BOR is the last guy to hide behind his keyboard. If you pay as much attention to his posts as it appears, you'd know what his name is and how easy it is to look him up.

Also, he is NOT the only person who can turn your post into a fight. I actually thought his response was very well stated and pretty tame.

My favorite part is when you call him an immature [censored]. Something a bit ironic about a 60 year old calling someone immature and an [censored] in the same breath, while HIDING BEHIND A KEYBOARD.

You still have not produced any sort of credentials to back up your opinion. You refuse to answer his direct questions about why this class is so good. Seems to me that he is the only one that produced any sort of facts in his post.

So please, if you insist on posting your opinion and calling for others to use "FACTS", try to back your posts up with some facts as well. FYI - pointing out that BOR thinks Athens has a great music scene is completely irrelevant in this discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
is the artistic capital of the world..I guess your THE expert on Everything Pertaining to College sports..Now your insults are just that young man if you want a fight you got it..Your sorry a--- Your Remarks were uncalled for fellow...I SAID READ MY LIPS and Lay off the Rum you little immature A..ho.. I said IF we sign ALL 3 recruits this might be our best class ever.And GEE so Ross signed Donnie Davis WOW..That made his class Better than this class by your standards...I guess Calvin Johnsion Wasnt as highly ranked as Donnie..Again if you want to fight or compare your Credentials to mine then lets have at it!!!!Im really getting tired of your smart aa..i suggest lets get it on...I hated that YOU made this in to a debate About Ross and Chan....I DID NOT INTEND FOR IT TO BE hey A...Ho Show me where I did...YOU MADE THIS INTO a Comparison....And I guess your the only one Ive ever met in following GT Football some 40 years now that Thinks Ross had highly rated classes..He DID not...I hate to even be having this discussion...I loved Ross and he is my All-time favorite GT coach BUT YOU Sir have made this into a comparison..Not my original intent...You are the only A--Ho on this board that could take a positive post like mine and turn it into a fight..That is easy hiding behind a keyboard....

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, why are you making crap up to try and further your own point. I never said Athens, Ga is the artistic capital of the world. I DID say that at one time it had the hottest music scene in the world. Which is not that far fetched of an opinion. Instead of picking a fight with me, why don't you actually try and back up your arguement with facts instead of opinions. Yeah... that's what I thought. You just need to stop talking out of your ass. Not one thing you have said is remotely close. Go back and look at Ross's classes. In fact there was a big thread on the Hive last year of the accolades of Ross's classes, and they were pretty impressive. Again, you probably didn't see that because it would take away from your opinion. I'm not attacking you BW, I'm challenging you to prove it! You have yet to do it. Maybe if you had some substance in your posts, you wouldn;t take such offense at me.

And I am one of the few people on the boards who doesn't hide behind a keyboard. I have let people know on MANY occassions who I am and where they can find me if they have a problem. I'll say it again, my name is James Thomas Smith and I live in Savnnah GA, and graduated from GT in 1996. I sit in section 127, row 5, seat 6, if you ever wish to find me at a game.

I'm not trying to attack you BW, but you need to start putting some facts or substance in your posts to back up your opinions. I give opinions all the time... but in regards to things I cannot possibly claim to know more than the next guy, you won't see me claiming that those guys (in this case the recruiting sites) don't mean anything or don't know anything. That's pretty bold of you. All you have to do, which should be easy for you, is WHY we should all believe you? Otherwise you will continue to sound like you are talking out of your ass.

I agree with Law. This COULD BE THE GREATEST RECRUITING COUP in GT history. He didn't say it is. I'm not saying IT IS. He didn't say definate to anything. I'm not either. ;)

If, that's a HUGE IF, we land these three, no doubt it's a huge coup to me.

I'm excited about the how this recruiting class could turn out. This is fun stuff to a lot of us. Time will tell, but I'm excited right now about all these recruits!

GO JACKETS!!

Actually Chili I knew you and him are sidekicks..

and I expected you to follow suit...As you and he always do...And no im not 60 but some 10 years younger...And YES i know you 2 love Athens and are VERY VERY similiar in your posts...And I will answer you as to my credentials.They are like 99% of the people that post here probably close to NONE...As i will bet the House you NOR Bor have NONE either except that you belives in and Subscibe to all the recruiting Services...I am an avid fan and Have played and coached (not at the college level)the game...I DO know that we HAVE met all of our needs in this class ....I guess Bor is an expert and He KNOWS for a fact we need more Olineman...He feels he is an expert and knows more than our coaches we need more than the 4 we have committed...So i guess BOR is more of an expert than me ALL because he believes all the recrtuiting rags and admits that..So that makes him ther expert...Again, I said on paper This class could be one of our best...So the ONLY way we see who is more of an expert on this is in 3 to 4 years...As Big John said: They have top prove it on the field...

BW, again let me reiterate that I am NOT trying to make it personal. I truly am not. I like enthusiastic Tech fans especially those that are positive. BUT, you rarely if never ever give any sort of facts to back up your claims. Remember how MSTA, and Beeware would make these proposterous negative statements that sounded like they were spinning something from the O'Leary regime? Well, you do the same thing but yours are of the positive nature. The sad thing is all of you guys don't use two things to support your arguements... 1.) reason and 2.) facts. Nobody gives a flying rats arse what your opinion, my opinion, or anybody else who doesn;t know jack squat about recruiting's opinion is about our class. what they want to hear is an opinion from someone with credentials, OR they want someone to back up their opinions with some facts. You have shown neither. If you simply took some time to review some of the things you post on this board and provide some evidence as well as some reason to it, more people would probably respect your opinion. As you don't, so we don't. It's that simple. Stop making blanket generalizations which you've been doing since you came on this board.

Re: Actually Chili I knew you and him are sidekicks..

[ QUOTE ]
and I expected you to follow suit...As you and he always do...And no im not 60 but some 10 years younger...And YES i know you 2 love Athens and are VERY VERY similiar in your posts...And I will answer you as to my credentials.They are like 99% of the people that post here probably close to NONE...As i will bet the House you NOR Bor have NONE either except that you belives in and Subscibe to all the recruiting Services...I am an avid fan and Have played and coached (not at the college level)the game...I DO know that we HAVE met all of our needs in this class ....I guess Bor is an expert and He KNOWS for a fact we need more Olineman...He feels he is an expert and knows more than our coaches we need more than the 4 we have committed...So i guess BOR is more of an expert than me ALL because he believes all the recrtuiting rags and admits that..So that makes him ther expert...Again, I said on paper This class could be one of our best...So the ONLY way we see who is more of an expert on this is in 3 to 4 years...As Big John said: They have top prove it on the field...

[/ QUOTE ]

What I do know is you have yet to answer my question. That's ok though BW. I'll let it go so you can sleep easier tonight.

Hey..BOR Im Retiring for the night..BUT..

As for me not having facts to back up what I say...I want you to prove to me..That ROSS had Top ranked recruiting classes..I Dont know what your age was back during the Ross years..BUT i NEVER saw that he had top 10 classes...He never DID...So I stand by my statements...I challenge you to show me where he did....As to me having other facts to back up my statements....Show me where i made an outright false statement...MINE are opinions just like yours...I stated I thought This class with the possible additions could be very good...And you say it basically Doesnt compare to others....Now if you base that SOLELY on recruiting rags..then i guess if you choose to do that and pay them money that is your option....It boils down to your opinion against mine thats it... .....In closing I will say Yeah...I played Football Loved it and watch a lot of Football and Sincerly believe in the Philosophy Chan Gailey Espouses..Running the Football and Playing great defense...Thus my nickname Blackwatch (For defense) SO that being said..Although i will always be GT...I just believe in those two things (Defense and running the Football) So i SEE Gailey recruiting the Guys that fit that mold...As read one Paper today saying That:we have recruited players to fit our system..Another HUGE GAUGE as to Chan's Recruiting in my book looking better than our most recent coaches IS The FACT (Now that is PURE FACT) that he is bringing in More Quality Dlineman....So yes that is my opinion and YES Bor...yours IS just an opinion also...But as for me not stating facts...Prove where I havent....

Re: Hey..BOR Im Retiring for the night..BUT..

It's really not my place, but so be it. You should be able to back up what you say, and the fact is, you cannot. You take the wuss route by making me prove you wrong. The fact remains you made a comment you cannot back up. Because like I said, you talk out of your ass. It will take me a bit of time to research, but I will definately get back to you on this as you are very very wrong. I will get cracking right away, hopefully I'll have some info for you over the next couple of days. I'll let you know what I find.

Bor...WHAT have I said that I cant back up??

What are you referring to?? i do feel bad i said a--hole..I lose my temper sometimes..Your post just took me totally by surprise..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back