BoB headed to Chestnut Hill

My point is that BC just lost a coach for whom money was not enough to keep doing that job. But I guess it's alright now because they found the mythical Coach Bob Goodfit
They lost Hafley because he wanted to do the one thing a HC can’t anymore…..Actually coach. Not sure why you’re so bitter about BoB. But OK.

Surprised that BoB is taking the BC HC job. It is not an easy place to coach and the BC admin has not been coach friendly over the years even when they are successful.

They lost Hafley because he wanted to do the one thing a HC can’t anymore…..Actually coach. Not sure why you’re so bitter about BoB. But OK.
What. What in the world gave you the impression that I'm bitter about O'Brien? All I was saying is that it is a weird situation and BOB has landed in the middle of it, presumably to keep busy while he waits for that call, which BC presumably knows he's waiting for and that he will be gone if his phone even smells like it might ring.

What. What in the world gave you the impression that I'm bitter about O'Brien? All I was saying is that it is a weird situation and BOB has landed in the middle of it, presumably to keep busy while he waits for that call, which BC presumably knows he's waiting for and that he will be gone if his phone even smells like it might ring.
Fair enough. I just don’t think BoB is going to get another shot at the NFL. From a regional perspective, this was the best hire imaginable for both BoB and BC. He doesn’t have to move at this point, and BC hired a proven winner with a lot of experience.

This is like deja vu all over again. We’ve already had this conversation a million times. Because I like to hear myself talk, I’ll restate my opinion…..BoB is a mediocre coach at best and an asshole at worst. He is as average as grits….not even stone ground grits. Anyone who knows or has played for him will tell you the same.

Godspeed if this is the best BC can do. At best, it will be like when Wannstedt returned to Pitt.

You sound skeptical. In six years at Pitt, CDW had a winning percentage of 57.53%. CPJ in eleven years (nearly twice the time) was 57.34%. CDW had one 10+ win season, CPJ had two. CDW had one 9 win season, CPJ had two. CPJ had an 8-win season, but he also had a 3-win season, CDW had neither. Everything else for both of them was withing 7 and 5 wins; CDW had four, CPJ had 5.

Some Tech fans have to find a way to reduce CPJ's career to nothing but his winning percentage in every thread.

Some Tech fans have to find a way to reduce CPJ's career to nothing but his winning percentage in every thread.
That wasn't my intention. I'm a huge CPJ fan and hate how his 'retirement' went down. I just looked at Wanstedt's record at Pitt after @CornerBlitz said it was the best BC could hope for, and thought it looked damn familiar. Comparing the two wasn't meant to denigrate either one of them - actually the opposite.

That wasn't my intention. I'm a huge CPJ fan and hate how his 'retirement' went down. I just looked at Wanstedt's record at Pitt after @CornerBlitz said it was the best BC could hope for, and thought it looked damn familiar. Comparing the two wasn't meant to denigrate either one of them - actually the opposite.

So CPJ = Wannstedt?

So CPJ = Wannstedt?
From a record standpoint at a P5 school (if you consider the old Big East a P5 equivalent), yes. From an overall body of work and perception, certainly not. But you said, "at best" and if BoB provides a Wanstedt-like performance, that means he will have a similar record and finish no worse than third in the conference 83% of the time. By that standard (including his couple years at Penn State), he will be perceived more like CPJ than Wannstedt. I still think you're reading way too much into it. I just looked at the W-L records of CDW and thought it looked familiar. I was making no judgment on any of the three.

From a record standpoint at a P5 school (if you consider the old Big East a P5 equivalent), yes. From an overall body of work and perception, certainly not. But you said, "at best" and if BoB provides a Wanstedt-like performance, that means he will have a similar record and finish no worse than third in the conference 83% of the time. By that standard (including his couple years at Penn State), he will be perceived more like CPJ than Wannstedt. I still think you're reading way too much into it. I just looked at the W-L records of CDW and thought it looked familiar. I was making no judgment on any of the three.

I’m reading way too much into it?

Back