BoB headed to Chestnut Hill

With so many college coaches either bailing or heading to the NFL to get away from the portal and NIL, BC gets one swimming against the tide (though he was coming directly from a very brief stop at THE Ohio State).
I'd say BC and the Cuse are probably the two toughest places to recruit to in the ACC.
I've been to Boston. Many times. Not in the last 25 years but many times in my childhood before that. I've been to Syracuse. Enjoyed it. Wouldn't want to live there year round, though.
Hope O'Brien does well there.

Can't think of a better name they could have hired. He's a New England/Boston guy.
im pretty sure his wife is BC alum. he met her thru Marrone. Marrone's wife was BC cheerleader. when marrone and BOB coached at GT i lived next to the Marrone's.

He did fine at Penn State. He wasn’t up to Ralph’s standards, but there weren’t many who were going to match that. We’ll see how he does trying to recruit at maybe the hardest gig in the ACC.
100% agreed. He took over PSU after the whole Joe Paterno / Sandusky massive sanctions laid down by the NCAA including all post season ban (B1G Championship game, Bowls) along with a loss of scholarships, etc and went 8-4, 7-5. He kept that program from completely falling off a cliff before going to the NFL.

Not sure what happened in the coach search a year ago (and I’m glad Key has proven himself 100% as the right choice) but at the time I was in favor of GT hiring him.

BOB is the perfect fit for BC. So it all worked out in the end.

My point is that BC just lost a coach for whom money was not enough to keep doing that job. But I guess it's alright now because they found the mythical Coach Bob Goodfit

My point is that BC just lost a coach for whom money was not enough to keep doing that job. But I guess it's alright now because they found the mythical Coach Bob Goodfit

I think BoB probably saw this as his last best shot at a head coaching gig. The prickly old ball coach persona is out of favor at this point.

im pretty sure his wife is BC alum. he met her thru Marrone. Marrone's wife was BC cheerleader. when marrone and BOB coached at GT i lived next to the Marrone's.
You lived next door to Marrone? The jerk that sold Fridge’s 13 volume playbook to the dwags? Marrone can f himself.

You lived next door to Marrone? The jerk that sold Fridge’s 13 volume playbook to the dwags? Marrone can f himself.
yep i did. actually met Fridge once because of him.

i remember when UGA hired him. i was of course not happy.

biggest mistake Marrone made was leaving Syracuse. in my opinion. he was HC for like 2 yrs maybe then jumped to NFL. he's a Cuse alumni. went to Buffalo i think.

Back