Big East better off?

I won't completely disagree, though the backhanded remark about GT kind of pisses me off. While finacially the Big Easy is definitely not better off, at least the big kid in their schoolyard just got a lot smaller and it gives the other schools in the conference a little room to work. I do think the author was right in saying that UWV is going to have a huge season soon, might be my pick to go all the way for the '05/'06 depending on how things go for them this year.

Maybe I'm wrong but didn't the courts throw out the case against the ACC? I know they threw something out and just can't remember if it was the ACC case or not so someone please answer.

Maybe I\'m just Pollyanna...

but it didn't seem like such a backhanded remark to me. He was trying to prove that a conference without a superstar program (see the ACC pre- FSU) can win a national championship. I really thought that's all he was trying to say. In fact, looking at it that way, it is almost a compliment.

Re: Maybe I\'m just Pollyanna...

Maybe I just read it a little too defensively... looking over it agian I think you're probably right.

I thought I remembered it...

the same way you do. I thought the courts tossed it. The suit was filed in Connecticut and IIRC the courts ruled that not enough financial damage had been done to Conn to warrant the suit or something like that.

Anyway, I thought they tossed the suit, too.

The ACC would be much better off with WV instead of BC.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/FIREdevil.gif

Re: I thought I remembered it...

You have to admit though, it is funny that they suggest WV going undefeated next year. Anyway, I imagine that no matter who wins the big easy next year they will get pasted in their bowl game aka florida v. WV a few years ago.

Back