Barnhardt = dawgie

Re: Comparing Mark Richt to Roy Williams is bad...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see him leaving UGA and Tech fans need to get used to it. We need to beat him not hope he leaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never wanted to improve our program's success by having the competition's capability lessen. My comment was not hoping Richt left UGAg, it was just pointing out that it's not out of the question that he would go back. There are differences between Roy Williams and Mark Richt, just as there will be obvious differences in any comparison used. My thought is that even though MR has a good situation at UGAg, there's no way anyone can say with any certainty that if FSU came acallin' in a couple of years that he wouldn't seriously consider the opportunity.

I've always been torn when it comes to UGAg football. I always want our competition to be good, because it reflects more positively on our program when we beat them. However, I never want to see UGAg have success in anything, especially football. There are too many idiot hangers-on in Georgia, and I find it difficult to stomach some of the blathering coming from the ignorant minds of people that barely finished vocational high school, let alone ever stepped foot on campus as a student.

As a side note Forensic, I am sure you are well aware that we have to do a MUCH better job, no let's say start, of getting fans into Grant Field that have never stepped foot on campus as a student. And have them cheer for GT.

I agree. I've been in Atlanta for 17 years now, and if you talk to the old guys that were around in the Dodd era, there are a lot of Tech fans that aren't/weren't officially associated with Tech. The problem is that years of inconsistent winning has a way of losing fringe fans.

I think that when the program gets on the winning track (9-10 wins/season) for an extended period of time, interest in the program will come back.

I like Coach Gailey, but it will be his successor that will accomplish this. His age and history says he won't be around to see it to fruition. Not a knock, but it's going to take a while.

If we had skipped the Bill Lewis era, I think we may have already arrived. IMO that set us back 10 years.

We were 2-9 my freshman year and 1-10 my senior year, with a national championship sandwiched in between...

Back