Barnhardt = dawgie

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
The AJC's Tony Barnhart predicts Mark Richt's Bulldogs will go 8-0 in SEC ... and beat Ron Zook's Gators this year ... finally. ... and beat LSU in the SEC Championship game.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif Link to AUC

My Gut Feelin,
Will probably be UGA's best year in ages. Could possibly go 8-0. Very possible that this may happen and I don't think Florida can stay with them this season. UGA's biggest problem will lie with Ga. Tech. I'm thinking GT is hungry and UGA will come on the field flaunting their greatness. GT by 10 points.

Haven't read that trash since they started gathering information on us.

So Barnhart says what every other sportswriter/fan/casual observer is saying and he is a dawg because of it?

I don't buy it.

I see the mutts falling off this year. The SEC is too competitive for them to just take a crown because of Richt's perceived charisma. I think they get their hat handed to them much in the same way ole Lou has over at USC East which will precede the Reverend's jump to FSU after Reverend Bowden announces his retirement plans.

Look for Bama and UT to rebound with the Gators and LSU leading the charge.

Barndawg can spin and spin all day long but the rest of the SEC ain't paying attention to the hype.

Good luck, pups. You're gonna need it.

No way the Mutt's go 11-0. This is going to be one of those typical years where the bandwagon is packed at the beginning of the year. Then comes October. The Mutts will load up their tractors and trailers and go to Jacksonville. Their fans will get drunk on their moonshine (not to bash moonshine by associating it with the Mutts) and then go to the Gator Bowl to watch the Gators chomp them for the 15th time in sixteen years. Then they'll say to each other "I just don't understand. Why can't we beat Florida?" And Larry Munson will tell them "we were just pitiful." The tractors and trailers will come back empty as the U[sic]GA bandwagon will be left wondering what happened to their Mutt nation.

Come Thanksgiving weekend the Mutts will go down in a classic game played at Stanford Cess Pool. Afterwards, the U[sic]GA fans will enjoy watching GT Men's Basketball go to yet another final four in Saint Louis.

Here's to positive thinking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

Barnhardt WENT to the University of Georgia. Of course He is a Dawgie... Why is this new to some people?

I wish some reporters had reason to project anything near such a finish for us.....

Well, as I remember Mark Bradley thought we'd win the entire NCAA tounrey, and that was before the tourney started. The day before we played UConn his column read "When Georgia Tech beats Connecticut tonight for the NCAA Championship..." When your team is great, they give you the kudos, when its not they beat up on you. That's what the AJC does. If you look at the AJC as one big Bandwagon Fan, it might be easier to take.

Bama and UT are going to stink

UT will be starting a true freshman QB, Claussen Lite or Leak Lite. None of those options has my UT friends excited. They are in big trouble.

And I know Bama alumni who are saying Bama doesn't have the talent to beat some of the better Juco programs. And even if they did, the puppies don't play them this year.

If they lose to UF and LSU, that's that. But...I'd rather go 9-2 or better like they will than what we're probably going to do. Trying not to be negative, but if Ball is much improved we're going to be breakeven again.

They would be my pick and I'm no Doogie.They have the best QB in the conf and loads of other talent.

Did Barnhart go to ugag? I thought he went to UF, but not sure. Instead of concerning ourselves if they will be 11-0 or whatever, why can we not just do the things to start beating them on the field? Also, MR will never go to FSU as HC.

IMHO, Don't kid yourself. MR would absolutely go to FSU. He's not stupid enough to follow Bowden, but he's young enough to pick up the pieces when the next guy falls off.

It's just like following Dean Smith at UNC. You can't say that Roy Williams didn't want that job more than anything. He just wasn't going to be the guy following the legend. Too much pressure. Also remember that he had built a National caliber program at Kansas, so UGAg won't necessarily be able to hold him. Look for Richt to be in Tallahassee within 5 yrs of Bowden Sr's retirement.

Comparing Mark Richt to Roy Williams is bad...

Roy Williams wanted the job because he is a UNC graduate. Mark Richt went to the University of Miami. He was an assistant coach at FSU, and he is now Head Coach at UGA, where he didn't have to follow ANYONE, he's long past being in Dooley's shadow, and he's making a program to call his own. I don't see him leaving UGA and Tech fans need to get used to it. We need to beat him not hope he leaves.

Re: Comparing Mark Richt to Roy Williams is bad...

Good point BOR. Well taken and if not, should be.

hmm, UGAy in miserable Athens or UM in sunny Miami

[ QUOTE ]
Roy Williams wanted the job because he is a UNC graduate. Mark Richt went to the University of Miami. He was an assistant coach at FSU, and he is now Head Coach at UGA, where he didn't have to follow ANYONE, he's long past being in Dooley's shadow, and he's making a program to call his own. I don't see him leaving UGA and Tech fans need to get used to it. We need to beat him not hope he leaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if the Miami job opened up and they flashed him real big bucks? Ya aint even got recruit there. Blue Chippers just fall in your lap.

Re: hmm, UGAy in miserable Athens or UM in sunny Miami

So how much recruiting do you have to do at ugag?

Back