Army-Navy

No way he makes this

48 yards, in the snow, to win the biggest game of the year

Feel bad for the kicker, his team really ööööed him

If that game ever ends regulation in a tie, I'm not sure I want there to be an overtime. Let em both walk away without the L.

One of my parishioners and a player my son coached is a second string sophomore linebacker at West Point. He’s 2-0 against Navy. I’ll tease him at Christmas that he has turned the rivalry around. It was a good game. It has been strange to cheer for Army these past two years. But I am proud of the young man.

So happy for Army! Black Knights of the Hudson shut down that dumb QB Keeper offense of Navy. Great victory for West Point!

Does this make Monken the better coach than Niumatalolo?

Monken has Army trending up and has caught Coach Ken. Both of these guys deserve P5 jobs, but AD's are just too scared to hire them.

Yep. ADs know that no one wants to run nor watch that offense and that it's hard to recruit players for it.

Yep. ADs know that no one wants to run nor watch that offense and that it's hard to recruit players for it.

I find it sad that a viable offensive system is so unjustly maligned in recruiting and media circles. I’ve always enjoyed watching option football. I don’t think running the option out of the wishbone hurt Bo Jackson’s or Eric Dickerson’s pro prospects.

No pro teams were running that style of offense then either.

Agreed. One of the more interesting aspects of college football has been the variety of different systems / schemes. If things were to ever become generic such that everyone basically ran the same thing then why even watch, the NFL does that already at a much higher level.

Back