ACC on CW & Arizona Bowl Ratings

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
THE CW SPORTS ACC FOOTBALL RATINGS
As part of this ACC deal, the network will air 13 college football games this year, along with 28 men's basketball games and nine women's basketball games during the winter, including basketball doubleheaders.

wk2
Cincy @ Pitt, 6:30pm - 617K viewers // Rating 0.3

wk3
VMI @ NC State, 2 pm - 205K viewers // Rating 0.1

wk4
GT @ WAKE, 6:30pm - 332K viewers // Rating 0.2

wk5
UVA @ BC, 2 pm - 367K viewers // Rating 0.2

wk6
Marshall @ NC State, 2 pm - 386Kviewers //Rating 0.2

wk7
Louisville @ Pitt, 6:30pm - 569Kviewers // Rating 0.3

wk8
Virginia @ North Carolina, 6:30pm - 788Kviewers // Rating 0.4

wk9
Clemson @ NC State, 2pm - 642Kviewers // Rating 0.3

wk10
Georgia Tech @ Virginia, 2pm - 262Kviewers // Rating 0.1

wk11
NC State @ WAKE, 2pm - 289Kviewers // Rating 0.1

wk12 Double Header
Duke @ Virginia, 3pm - 307Kviewers // Rating 0.1
N. Bama @ FSU, 6:30PM - 1.33Mviewers // Rating 0.7

wk13
Wake Forest @ Syracuse, 2 pm - 248Kviewers // Rating 0.1

Link

FWIW: The CW scored big with its first college football bowl game. The Wyoming Cowboys eked out a win over the Toledo Rockets in the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl on Saturday, delivering 1.1M total viewers, according to Nielsen.

The game, which saw the Cowboys emerge victorious after a field goal as the game clock expired, is now among the CW’s top three telecasts of the past two years in both total viewers and in the 18-49 demographic, of which 320,000 people tuned in. The game peaked with 1.9M viewers in the final quarter hour.

This is quite a big audience for The CW, which rarely cracks a million viewers with its regular programming. According to Nielsen, the Arizona Bowl outpaced the UCLA vs. Oregon men’s basketball game that aired on CBS during the same window by around 41%.

Link

Pitt seems to bring the viewers ... either that or their two opponents helped (L'ville and Cincy).

Well as much as I hate it, the FSU rating against a non P5 school is impressive - not sure of what games they were up against. Agree with earlier post Pitt strong ratings. Also surprised at the low viewership between Clemson and NCST. Again competing games most certainly has an impact - not sure of those

FSU rating against a non P5 school is impressive - not sure of what games they were up against.
No way that game has that kind of draw if Travis doesn’t get hurt. People tuned in for commiseration to see what 2QB looked like and schadenfreude to watch the demise of the noles.

Our games were on Peachtree tv in the Atlanta area. Would that effect cw ratings?

That Barstool Sports announcer crew was awful. And they’ve already said they are “probably not” sponsoring the game next year (despite the ratings above for the CW).

Great, next year I may be able to stomach watching it. I switched to radio for that one very quickly, and I didn't even want them on my television muted.

Back