A nightmare come true

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
Ted had his team ready to play today and we came out flat flat flat.

I have to say congrats to Ted(as bad as I hate to), but here gets his first win as a head coach.

As for us, I am not sure where we go from here. This is bad reminder of what happened against Clemson a few weeks back. I can only hope that we respond the way did after that game.

I never thought our defense would have given up the yardage like we did. I KNOW we are not that bad on defense, I just think we came out and thought we could throw our hat on the field and win. We are NOT at that point with this team especially as young as we are.

Offensively, it sounded like we had some chances to make plays and we didn't. Opening drive of second half it sounded like Curry dropped a sure touchdown which may have changed the of the outcome of the game.

I will NOT bash our coaches, but will hope we are ready to play UNC next week. We need the next 2 wins. I have no doubt we can win them with the way we have played at times this year.

Well said Mover.

I can't believe we had yet another no-show.

Good teams don't lose like we did today. I think we have OVERachieved early on in the season...now, the real GT and HC show up.
mad.gif

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Good teams don't lose like we did today. I think we have OVERachieved early on in the season...now, the real GT and HC show up.
mad.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hey I believe it was the coach who motivated the team to overacheive and he was not able, for whatever reason, to do so today I don't believe it has anything to do with his ability to coach which your post implies.

And the crazy thing was, everything I read this week in the paper and such said that the players were taking this game very seriously. No "we won't lose another game" comments in the media. Either the time off this month was too much or the players just said that they were serious because if they didn't, Gailey would come down on them.

Either way, this sucks. I am not down on Gailey yet, but how in the world are we ever supposed to have a winning program if we almost lose/lose every time that we are favored? Great teams are favored in every game and still come out and kick butt.

Hopefully Duke will win out and we won't look so bad. With Clumpsun and UNC, it is entirely possible. I am happy for Coach Roof, but ugh...

Originally posted by tigger101023:
I am not down on Gailey yet, but how in the world are we ever supposed to have a winning program if we almost lose/lose every time that we are favored? Great teams are favored in every game and still come out and kick butt. ..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think we will have to get more players with more experience and that will take time especially with tech's academic standards. I believe they have played so well this year that we forget the obsticles we have and are facing.

Duke certainly reflected TR's tenacity today. Their whole team played like he did when he was a Tech. Lights out.

We also helped out an awful lot by playing with our heads up our butts.

No excuse.

Originally posted by gnats67:

No excuse.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Same here. Congrats to Duke - good game.

These 'brainy' schools just don't seem to be the pushover that perhaps we thought they would be. Vandy gave UGAg fits the first half and we get beat by Duke. Geeeeeezzzzz... What is this, Revenge of the NERDS, Part II ???

BuzzB

Back