98Wreck....why are you calling me out?

YodaBee

Varsity Lurker
I don't ever remember even having a conversation with you before. Much less ignoring you these last "4 times" you say that you've called me out.

I see this on boards all over the place. Things get a little tough and guys want to start fighting with each other. The kool-aid drinkers circle the wagons and label all with marginally opposing views as evil imposters.

I think there are imposters on this board and on the Hive. And frankly on every non-premium sports board. But I'm not a regular enough poster on this board to point at who is and who isn't a sleazy rival. That's the mods role.

I used to think BeeBad was an imposter. But he wasn't. Just a maniac who hates Chan. (kidding!)

I think I'm pretty consistent in my feelings and have been since my first post. At least I think I have. I feel that Gailey is an inconsistent coach, but not a bad coach. I think we could do better, but we shouldn't make a change this year b/c he needs more time.

But I don't think he's a very good recruiter. Although, this current class is far and away his best work.. And I think his substitution patterns for backups is very, very shortsighted and lacking.

And I think Braine is a twit, but that's like saying the sky is blue.

So I have a balanced non-extremist view point that isn't totally a sunshine pumper or yellow color glasses view either. Maybe that's why I draw your ire. I don't fit into your narrow minded view of what is and isn't the "right way" to post on the board. Who knows.

I'm not interested in playing "Prove how much you love Tech" on this board or any other. I also don't play "Who's got the biggest pecker" or other lame reindeer games.

I love GT. I hate Ugag. I think we could do better (and deserve better), but I'm not going to throw a fit on here every time we do poorly or throw a party after we beat someone.

Beyond that....Go Jackets.

If this answer isn't good enough for you, then I'm sorry. But this is the last time I'm answering your "call outs."

My name is Mark Wilson and my email is yodabee@earthlink.net. That's more tha enough info about me.

Have a nice day.

Yoda, I have reviewed your case.

And you're correct. It was Driver8 that used the term "GATA". Don't know how I goofed on that one. I owe you a beer. I apologize to you, Yoda.

We differ on our thoughts on Gailey, and that happens. It will continue to happen as we roll through our 7th consecutive bowl game. This time a win is in our future.

I stand corrected.

This is something we (the mods) should have probably got involved with earlier. We understand the posibility or even probability that some posters are not GT fans, but members need to be VERY CAREFUL when attributing "quotes" to other posters.

In the future if you are going to call out a poster WITH A QUOTE you MUST attach the appropriate link, so everyone can see for themselves what exactly was posted.

Thanks
gtfan

Thank you guys for addressing this.

The prolonged wait for an apology or admission of inaccuracy on the part of some related to this was really starting to chaffe my hide.

But 98wreck was a man (and a good man) for admitting he was wrong.

I'm still oppossed to witch hunts, but if folks think that driver8 needs to be voted off the island then so bee it.

Your pal and best big toe,

YodaBee

Well done Yoda!

Personally, I am relieved that I can be a big Tech Fan without a big pecker.

Back