25-3 in the 2nd half but we can't close

Why do we go for two with 13 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, so that we wind up doing it again a couple minutes later? Gave away 3 free points tonight.... think that'll beat Clemson?

CPJ accepted responsibility for that in the post-game. Said it was dumb and he shouldn't have done it that early.

It was a great finish. I thought we were going to lose at halftime. The FG by King was big to get us back within a score
Even though that still made us 8 points down, I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of a quick drive and score right before half. Always better to go into the locker room with a positive to build on. Allowing Miami to score that TD right before half was huge. If we go into the locker room up 14-6, keeping them from scoring a TD the entire first half, I think both teams' focus would have been different in the 2nd half.

Even though that still made us 8 points down, I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of a quick drive and score right before half. Always better to go into the locker room with a positive to build on. Allowing Miami to score that TD right before half was huge. If we go into the locker room up 14-6, keeping them from scoring a TD the entire first half, I think both teams' focus would have been different in the 2nd half.

Anyone who watched the 2013 edition of COFH should understand the importance of a quick drive and score right before half.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/11/30/5161058/georgia-georgia-tech-2013-final-score

CPJ accepted responsibility for that in the post-game. Said it was dumb and he shouldn't have done it that early.
I just saw that. I had to school some young öööös on proper strategy over that one in the stands, as I was quite vocal over that issue in the moment.

I just saw that. I had to school some young öööös on proper strategy over that one in the stands, as I was quite vocal over that issue in the moment.
I'm sure those in the stand around you were grateful for you sharing your football wisdom...

Back