2024 Recruiting

Part of it is social anxiety I bet. Like how people will stare at their phones to avoid socializing
Probably true. In years gone by this person would stay at home all the time and people would say the Smiths have a child who is not quite right.

Part of it is social anxiety I bet. Like how people will stare at their phones to avoid socializing
Maybe, but some of this is just bad parenting. I frequently have kids in my office for sports physicals who continue to stare at their phones when I start trying to do the exam. Parents in the room rarely ever tell the kid to put away the phone.

Maybe, but some of this is just bad parenting. I frequently have kids in my office for sports physicals who continue to stare at their phones when I start trying to do the exam. Parents in the room rarely ever tell the kid to put away the phone.
That’s because the parents are in the room staring at their own phones.

I stopped following our local HS team years ago because the coach got relieved of his head coaching duties over kicking a player off the team at halftime during a game (I believe against West Hall) where we were getting drilled at half. I agreed with kicking the player off the team because he, according to verified kids that were there, just had his earbuds in and was listening to music and not paying attention so coach told him to get dressed and get out of his locker room.

Parents go to principal the next week. Principal tells coach to put kid back on the team because, at the time, legacy parents pretty much ruled the roost around here.

Anyway, coach refused. Was relieved of his coaching position. Other assistant coaches quit as a show of support. Had to bring in one of the "legends" of Adairsville to "right the ship". BTW, the definition of "legend" around here was basically "took Adairsville to the state playoffs in 1980 something"

Former coach left and ended up winning a state title in either North or South Carolina 3-4 seasons later.

I stopped following our local HS team years ago because the coach got relieved of his head coaching duties over kicking a player off the team at halftime during a game (I believe against West Hall) where we were getting drilled at half. I agreed with kicking the player off the team because he, according to verified kids that were there, just had his earbuds in and was listening to music and not paying attention so coach told him to get dressed and get out of his locker room.

Parents go to principal the next week. Principal tells coach to put kid back on the team because, at the time, legacy parents pretty much ruled the roost around here.

Anyway, coach refused. Was relieved of his coaching position. Other assistant coaches quit as a show of support. Had to bring in one of the "legends" of Adairsville to "right the ship". BTW, the definition of "legend" around here was basically "took Adairsville to the state playoffs in 1980 something"

Former coach left and ended up winning a state title in either North or South Carolina 3-4 seasons later.
There’s a woman who works here at a local grocery store. She wears just one ear bud. She will acknowledge you and answer questions if you ask any. I wonder how disconcerting it is to only listen to music with one ear bud.

Back