2017 Preseason Probability Poll Results

OP updated for Game 1 results:

Our Game 1 loss has decreased the expected win total by 0.616. The total expected win value is now 6.35.

Last edited:
OP updated for Game 2 results:

Our Game 2 win has increased the expected win total by 0.155. The total expected win value is now 6.51.

Last edited:
OP updated for Game 3 results, and adjusted overall probabilities by removing the UCF game:

Our Game 3 win has increased the expected win total by 0.353. The total expected win value is now 6.86.

Ok thanks, didn't cross my mind to look early ITT.

Thanks for updating this.

@coit Did you not re-calculate your probability averages for the OP after you updated everybody's late picks? Numbers in the spreadsheet and probabilities aren't adding up for me.

@coit Did you not re-calculate your probability averages for the OP after you updated everybody's late picks? Numbers in the spreadsheet and probabilities aren't adding up for me.

Ahhhh, good catch. No I did not update them. I didn't adjust people's scores after Mills left either. Too much work getting in the way of my spreadsheets these days!

Ahhhh, good catch. No I did not update them. I didn't adjust people's scores after Mills left either. Too much work getting in the way of my spreadsheets these days!
That damned pesky work!

Hire some cheap immigrant labor.

OP updated for Game 4 results, and adjusted overall probabilities for the late voters. The additional voters didn't significantly affect the probabilities.

Our Game 4 win has increased the expected win total by 0.376. The total expected win value is now 7.22.[/QUOTE]

And now for your voting leaders. The following folks have predicted every game correctly so far, where a correct vote for a win is greater than 0.5 and a correct vote for a loss is 0.5 or less.

@gtgtgt1
@MtownJacket
@wgardiner3
@eg1
@GT18YJjr.
@gtfan1147

OP updated for Game 5 results.

Our Game 5 loss has decreased the expected win total by -0.438. The total expected win value is now 6.78.

And now for your voting leaders. The following folks have predicted every game correctly so far, where a correct vote for a win is greater than 0.5 and a correct vote for a loss is 0.5 or less.

@gtgtgt1
@MtownJacket
@wgardiner3
@eg1
@GT18YJjr.
@gtfan1147

OP updated for Game 5 results.

Our Game 5 loss has decreased the expected win total by -0.438. The total expected win value is now 6.78.

@gtgtgt1
@MtownJacket
@wgardiner3
@eg1
@GT18YJjr.
@gtfan1147
I hate myself for being right about that foul pest-hole in South Florida, but iiwii ...

OP updated for Game 6 results.

Our Game 6 win has increased the expected win total by +0.224. The total expected win value is now 7.01.

@gtgtgt1
@MtownJacket
@wgardiner3
@eg1
@gtfan1147

Last edited:
Back