2004 Home Football Dates

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
I don't have the kick off times or opponents, yet - but the dates for 2004 GT home games are:

September 4
October 2, 16, and 28 (Thursday night)
November 13 and 20

BBR

and the opponents:

Sept. 4....Samford
Oct. 2.....Miami
Oct. 16....Duke
Oct. 28....Va. Tech(Thur.)
Nov. 13....UConn
Nov. 20....Virginia

deutschland.gif
battleflagflying.gif

I think it's time all the conferences go to 10 league games instead of 8. Playing F$U and Wake Forest instead of UConn and Samford would be much better.

battleflagflying.gif
deutschland.gif

Have To Agree, That Home Schedule...

STINKS! How in the world did we get stuck on the other side of the conference from CLEM and FSU. I will complain about that until it is changed or I'm dead, whichever comes first! How did Braine get suckered into that deal, he should have threaten to bolt to the SEC! Think they'd have us? I remember even after we pulled out of the SEC we played AUB, TENN, SC, Duke, and Tulane every year for a long time. We even whipped up on AL a couple of times in the 80's
South Georgia Jacket

Wonder why everyone is just now realizing

what a stink of a schedule this is. Many of us screamed bloody murder when uconn was added and most laughed at us. Don't even want to talk about samford. The geographically closest team we are playing at home is SAMFORD! SAMFORD!!!!! This schedule (at least OOC) is a disgrace to GT. Since I have never gotten a call back, email, acknowledgment of any sort from clough or braine the only way I can make my voice heard is not giving to A-T or buying season tix. And do not think for one second that recruits don't look at the schedule. What a disgrace.

Re: Have To Agree, That Home Schedule...

[ QUOTE ]
STINKS! How in the world did we get stuck on the other side of the conference from CLEM and FSU. I will complain about that until it is changed or I'm dead, whichever comes first! How did Braine get suckered into that deal, he should have threaten to bolt to the SEC! Think they'd have us? I remember even after we pulled out of the SEC we played AUB, TENN, SC, Duke, and Tulane every year for a long time. We even whipped up on AL a couple of times in the 80's
South Georgia Jacket

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to agree, SouthGa. Another thing I'll complain about until it's changed or I'm dead is the ACC adding BC as its 12th member instead of WV. Now all the ACC schools will have to make a "1000 mile" trek to the north to play a team out of our region. WV would make a natural rival for UVA, VT & MD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

deutschland.gif
battleflagflying.gif

Re: Have To Agree, That Home Schedule...

Do you think they'll let the few of us at the Samford game sit in the chairbacks?

They could probably let everyone....

at the Samford game sit in the chair backs and still have room to spare.

The home schedule is absolutely pitiful.

Re: Wonder why everyone is just now realizing

I am so glad that some of you guys found something else to complain about.

Regarding Clemson...it does not matter that they are not in our division...we will play them every year...next year the game is at Clemson. Every ACC team will play one team from the other division every year...we chose and were able to work out getting Clemson. So...every year we will play Clemson, Georgia, Miami, Virginia Tech, and Virginia. We have non-conference games coming up in the next few years against NotreDame, Auburn, Louisville, etc. Additionally we will be moving FSU and Maryland in and out of our schedule. No worries here about schedule strength...and every team plays one patsy per year.

Did we not learn Duke will not be a gimme anymore? I am not saying we should not win it every year. Heck...they should have beat Tennessee last year in Knoxville if they did not fumble a punt near their own end zone early in the 4th qtr.

UConn is not a bad football team....they were 9-3 last year under Goach Edsall...beat a solid Wake Forest team, lost to NCState by only 7 in Raleigh...and they are on a 5-game winning streak. Again...a game we should win...but not a gimme.

Lets talk about Samford. I was hacked to when I saw we had them on the schedule. However, I became more hacked when I saw they won football games (7-4) which means we have to show up and play hard in order to win a game no one will give us credit for...it is a no win situation. But...do not slight them. Didn't all of the NCAA realize this last year with the parity across the board? btw..Samford actually ended the season with a higher power rating than 4 Div.1 schools...UTEP, Army, LA-Monroe, and SMU. It does not matter anyway...with our regularly scheduled opponents dropping us...there was no one out there to take. We tried to go after Tennessee and some other big names...but they would not play us in ATL...even if we scheduled a future date in Knoxville. This was the story across the board with other SEC schools.

Once again...to reiterate...I am not saying these teams are world beaters...I am just saying anyone can lose on a given day these days...so the disrespect for other schools being shown on this board is not warranted...nor is it wise.

Bottom line...everyone will see that our schedule strength is only getting better each year...and will continue to into 2005, 2006, etc.

Nice post Hivered.

#1 FH, you are in the vast minority with respect to WVU. They do not belong in the ACC for hundreds of reasons. Boston College is a great fit academically, basketball-wise, (football-wise they have more potential), financially, behaviorally, etc.

#2 If we play ten league games we would face the exact same schedule nearly every year. No more ND, Auburn, Tenn, South Carolina, Navy (a very fine road trip), etc. Just the same teams every year. I won't even go into how bad a decision that would be financially since it would force the ACC to have fewer teams with bowl-worthy records.

#3 Go to the vent when the schedule comes out and see how many of them complain about the New Mexico State games on their slate. They recognize that those games are important to help them win the big ones. They will not focus on the 4000 empty seats. We will have a similar number of empties but since it is a higher ratio for us it is somehow the end of the world?

I think it all comes down to being realistic. The ACC is (at least) the equivalent of the SEC and the Big 12 now. You do not see teams from those conferences being successful scheduling three quality OOC opponents. It is a lose-lose scenario because you not only have a good chance to lose the OOC games you make it more likely that you will lose the week after to a quality opponent that you might have beaten with less injuries, fresher starters, and two weeks to prepare.

hiverdtech, my point is not about if these schools

are good or bad teams. It is about GT building a freakin fan base and you do not do it by playing these teams. Braine is one of the HIGHEST PAID AD's in the whole country and this is the best he can do? VT, Uva, the others you mentioned - great, but if we want to sell out BDS with our fans this is not the way to do it. This isn't Mass., or Virginia, or even N. Car., this is GEORGIA. This is deep south football country and we better start stepping up to the plate. And let me be the first to go on record that the Notre Dame return trip will never happen and Braine will have us playing a D2 school because he could not find anyone to fill the slot. DAMN DISGRACE and we are just suppose to sit here and take it. Oh yeah, in the end it will all be CG's fault coz nobody is suppose to hold clough and braine responsible.

Official ACC schedule to be released on Monday...

...and it will be nice to see what road games fill in the 3 weekend gap between home dates with Samford and Miami.

I would bet Clem&sons would be one of them, but what is the likelihood that we would play all 3 dates on the road in a row? I am guessing CU and either NCSU or UNC plus an open date, but that's pure speculation at this point.

GO JACKETS!!

Having a schedule like this, a very poor remodeling of BDS, increase of donations to keep the seats you had for years and Gold 50 yard line seats for the visiting guest and UGA Alumns.

What do you expect from Brain Dead, AD. Heck, I bet he thinks the schedule is great.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

For those who are bellyaching the schedule...

...please let me know what games you will not be attending and if you plan to drop your season tickets. I would be more than happy to add yours to mine, and heck I might even get better seats than my existing ones, since those of you who are bitching act like your donations will make or break the AT. If this is true, surely you have better seat priority than little ole me.

Bottom line - I could really care less what teams will be lined up along the east sideline of BDS@HGF on 5 Saturdays and a Thursday in 2004 - my focus is on the group of young men and their coaches who will be present on the west sideline. While I like the environment of a full home stadium, I will cheer the brave and bold whether there are 500, 5000, or 50,000 cheering with me.

Booooooo to the whiners.
Booooooo to the pissed off.
Booooooo to those who feel slighted by the GTAA.
Booooooo to the "I'm going to take my $$ and go home"
To Hell with Georgia.
GO JACKETS!!

Re: For those who are bellyaching the schedule...

Aiken, if you are referring to me, I never said I would not go to the games. I said it appears the only way I as an individual have any hope of getting even a response or something from clough and braine is to not renew my SEASON tix or make my A-T contribution. I have bought season tix since 68. My family has given $ & goods/services I would stack up against about anyone on this site. I do not want to whine or hurt the kids. I want a response. I would stack up my attendance at home and away games against anyone on the site. Since 68, I have missed 3 home games, and would have to check away games but pretty good record there. I think it is disgracful to have this schedule and feel I have a right to let anyone, especially clough and braine know about it. God bless you if you have the points I do. Go for my seats, enjoy. I will enjoy from some other spot at GF. I am willing to surrender those seats just to try and make a point to the idiots clough & braine. That, it appears, is what I will have to sacrifice.
God Almighty how I despise the lowering of expectations that has befallen my school.

A wise man once said...

...if you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man. Neither Samford nor UCONN are the man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Back