wisdom a la Hewitt

ylojk8

Helluva Engineer
Hewitt was asked about Jarrett Jack being the best PG in the nation as per some pundits opinion.

Hewitt agreed and also said that last year, Jack was a true freshman and now he's taken off.

Hewitt also said that he tells all the football fans that he talks to that Reggie Ball is in a similar situation. Look for Ball to take off next year.

ShadyJacket,

I guess the analytical side of me says you might have a point.

One poster, posts a very upbeat and positive post concerning our football team during a key time of recruiting.

You reply with a "It's probably not gonna happen because we have a less than average coach" comment.

It is my opinion that a very small and opinionated group of people do not like our coach and wants to make a change.

There were a few people---BELIEVE IT OR NOT-that had some serious concerns about Paul Hewitt coming into this season.

Question for you:
Why post a negative response?

In all seriousness, a few questions & comments:
---Don't you want Tech to do well?
---Don't you conceed that no matter what you think that Gailey will be back next year?
---Since I think you will answer yes to the second question, Why not support the PROGRAM anyways.
---Gailey will prove ( or in your case dissprove himself on the field.)
---Say, Gailey has a good season next year. WIll you post as some others have that "I was wrong"
---If Gailey fails (I personally don't believe that he will) won't he prove that on the field?
---Why not support the program (I said program, not Gailey) until we see the actual results.

Too clarify, I'm not saying that you are intentionally not supporting the program. You gave an opinion.

I'm just asking: Will you wait and see what happens on the field before posting negativally?

gbd, Shady's post was evidently pulled so I don't know what the specifics were. But given other posts I think you're giving him WAY too much credit.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
gbd, Shady's post was evidently pulled so I don't know what the specifics were. But given other posts I think you're giving him WAY too much credit.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Obviously you are correct. The moderators look like they have their act together. Just trying to reason with Slim Shady.

Having the opportunity to go through spring drills should help Ball tremendously. In addition, I would think that Carter will be breathing down his neck. A little competition never hurts and I think Ball seems like the kind of kind that loves competition.

I'm excited to see what strides he can make next year.

I agree completely. They say NFL players that miss spring practice do not recover, so for a college player it is even MORE significant.

I expect 30%+ better play out of Ball!

Goodness.....We won 6 games with a TRUE Frosh. at QB and he didnt even have the luxury of one spring practice and we started or played up to 3 Frosh. on the Dline and played up to 5 True Frosh. on our kick off teams this year....The future is indeed very bright for this Football team!!!!

Back