Will CPJ Coach GT (or anywhere) in 2022?

Will CPJ still be coaching in 2022?

• Yes, at GT

• Yes, but not at GT

• No, fired/‘let go’ and not re-hired

• No, retired

• IIWII

Results are only viewable after voting.

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
Curious to see what people think. I’m not one that wants to see him gone just yet. I think there are two factors gaining steam that, apart from his W/L record, will drive the inevitable ‘parting of ways’.

One is people just wanting something different. It’s pretty clear this sentiment is building in the fanbase and the rise of UGAg and Clemson are exacerbating it. Also, ten years is a helluva long time to be head coach at one school anymore, never mind fifteen.

The other is the simple fact that he can’t coach forever and is certainly no spring chicken. I would think fiscal comfort also goes a long way in this case. How long could you possibly want to work that kind of grind?

Also up for consideration in my mind is how many DC’s do you get before you go down with the ship? I think this is probably it. If there is not significant improvement from the defense over the next 3 years, I think it’s all over but the crying, as they say. That said, it would be hard to be a lot worse. So... IIWII.

As long as he is graduating players he is here forever.

I do think this is CPJs last contract. Whether he is around in 2022...I think this year is fairly crucial.

I would like to see our Defense start lighting it up and be rated consistently in the Top 15.

Maybe CPJ could then name Woody as Asst. Head Coach or Head Coach in waiting, and then look toward his own retirement.

giphy.gif

He is coaching GT people. This is one of the most difficult coaching jobs in all of college football! He has done a terrific job. Only Bobby Dodd did better and not by much. Glad to have him. Now that we are going to have a good def his best yrs are still ahead!

Back