Who was the GT fb player either booted from team

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
or suspended due to having taken steroids? It was when GO was here. Just wondered who and what had become of him. Thanks.

Re: That would be..........

[ QUOTE ]
Matt Uremovich Memory

[/ QUOTE ]

He was suspended for one season...he ultimately left the team because he had a neck injury that prevented him from ever being able to play the game again.

Not sure what he is doing now.

That would be Barry Bonds, oh wait... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

Seems like there were 2 tight ends

that got into trouble for some diet supplement or something and one was kicked off before his senior season.

Re: Seems like there were 2 tight ends

[ QUOTE ]
that got into trouble for some diet supplement or something and one was kicked off before his senior season.

[/ QUOTE ]

TE Mike Lillie of Louisiana and LB Matt Uremovich were both suspended for "diet supplements"...Matt came back but had the neck injury and was a medical...Mike got hacked off about it and transferred to LSU.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Matt Uremovich Memory

[/ QUOTE ]

He was suspended for one season...he ultimately left the team because he had a neck injury that prevented him from ever being able to play the game again.

Not sure what he is doing now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted last week that he just finished Ranger training.

The diet supplements were androstenedione and creating(both legal but not allowed in NCAA)...far from steroids!!!

I'm 6'2" 160, 34, and generally 'not' a muscle bound freak, and I've taken plenty of creatine - and every other thing you can possibly buy at GNC.

It may not be so great for you, but like you said, it's FAR from steroids. A substance like that must be on the 'not allowed' list because of other impacts on the body's organs, not unfair performance.

All that GNC stuff is terrible for your kidneys. My physician calls GNC 'the-kidney-stone-slash-acne-in-a-bottle-store.' It's all a bunch of stuff you over ingest and pee away 90% of it after you work out - although some of it definitely helps, depending on which.

The problem I've had with all GNC stuff is that none of it is consistently dosed. The same pill or powder quantity will have enough 'whatever' to make me think I'm Popeye one workout, and Olive Oil the next.

They aren't regulated by the FDA like a drug company, so they constantly get dinged for crazy crap - with names that sound like Chinese Kangaroo Pancreas, Amazon Baboon Testicle, Giant Marsupial Pouch Yeast, Russian Armpit Hair, Dead Sea Conch Tentacles, and Wang Chung Panty Crickets, etc. - that they put in a bottle and sell for a year, and then aren't allowed the next year, and none of it ever seems to be homogeniously mixed.

They got in all kinds of trouble for all the "loading doses" on the first creatine bottles. It was insane the amounts they said you needed in the early days.

My liver is still angry at me for what I did to it in college, and my kidneys bear the same grudge for all my GNC patronage.

Techfowl, that is terrible! From what you say, I gather that any damage done by these "supplements" is NOT reversible? Sorry to hear that you are still having repercussions. I guess Matt, and possibly Mike, should be grateful that they were made to "cease and desist."

I remember Matt's play...he really had a motor!

I did not write what I meant very well.

No lingering complications. I made a joke about the college drinking and carried it over to the kidney store conversation.

Thanks for the post, but I'm just fine. I don't go to the supplement store anymore, but all is well.

On a side note - kidney damage is not reversable, but I don't fall in that catagory.

I had no 'major' complications. All were transient, but I did have some that were worth staying away from - so I just quit with the Go Juice (not steroids, just my name for all the crazy stuff I took for so long.)

Back