UNCHEAT

So, after this mid-August meeting before the NCAA, does anyone have a guess how long before any resolution to the matter will take?

image.jpg

Here are the Tar Heels practice helmets. Most "we're a basketball school" move ever.

Not as bad as the UGA game, but the 2 point conversion at the end of the ACC-CG against Clemson was awful. JN got over the goal line, they said he was in, and then overturned it on review. Should've been a 7 point game and instead was only 5. Had Clemson scored on their next (and final) drive, we'd all still be bitching about that call.

So, after this mid-August meeting before the NCAA, does anyone have a guess how long before any resolution to the matter will take?

It was scheduled to start today. I hope it is contentious and goes poorly for the Tarholes. Has anybody heard anything?

It was scheduled to start today. I hope it is contentious and goes poorly for the Tarholes. Has anybody heard anything?

Based on reading the NCAA's final reply before the hearing, I don't think it's going to go well. The language the NCAA uses is brutal - far more direct than I think most anyone could have expected. NCAA is pissed at UNC's reaction thus far.

https://carolinacommitment.unc.edu/...ent-Reply-2016-2nd-Amended-NOA-07-17-2017.pdf

Read just pages 1 - 3. :eek:

Who do we add to the conference after UNC athletics get the death penalty?

What about the graduates from this time period? I read somewhere that 5 members of either the 2005 or 2009 championship basketball team accounted for 39 "term-paper" classes and lecture classes that never met. I think some degrees should be revoked as well.

My guess:
1) NCAA tournament ban for one year;
2) Loss of one basketball scholly for two years;
3) Loss of 3 football schollys for two years;
4) Bowl ban for one year;
5) Probation for 4 years;
6) GT's 2017 ACC Championship will be rescinded.

My guess:
6) GT's 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship will be rescinded.

ftfy

My guess:
6) GT's 2017 ACC Championship will be rescinded.
National Champions of the World

Back