Two point conversion attempts

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
All have been pretty much blow up with all out blitzes into the backfield without the defense having to worry about us throwing over the top or running counters, etc. Is there something we can do to give us a chance on the two point conversion attempts? It seems our normal offense doesnt work well in this special situation.

Should put in #15 for two point attempts. He's more of a shot out of a cannon type runner. We've been out smarting ourselves in those situations.

How did we score on the 2 point conversions against UGA in 2008? Those are the only ones I can ever remember us converting.

Rocket tosses and QB draws.
speed option left to Dwyer (after using the same play going to the right for the TD) and QB draw. If a play breaks big, PJ likes calling the same play to the other side on the next snap.
The Nesbitt draw came after rocket toss left to Roddy.
He said the first two point try against Wake was a zone play they had repped "5,000 times" in practice but when he called it "it looked like we had never run it before (or wtte)." Blamed himself for going for two twice - said he knew better than to chase points at that point in the game but once you miss the first one you're back to chasing points.

inside the 5 you cannot run off the db's with the wr's so db's can gamble and get to the wide side....that being said we had 5 lineman left after 1st quarter and based on PJ's post game comments SOME of the lineman under performed while others stepped up. Probably easier for D to key on good lineman for small yardage plays. IMO

Watch the second failed 2-pt try from Saturday. Look how wide open Qua was when TaQuon rolled out. That's one I wish we had back.

A bit curious how we can get 3 yards pretty much anytime we want to. Except from the three-yard line.

Field is a lot shorter at the three yard line. You don't have to worry about a forty yard run or pass so you can sell out to stop the three yard gain.

Whatever happened to the running back just diving over the top of the pile? I have to believe our chances would have been better with that.

Back