TK Repost?

Wait till a uga booster gives him a wad of fake $100s.

Ultimately, schools don’t get you to the NFL,” he said. “You get yourself to the NFL.”

Kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

What was there? 3-4 former GT players playing last night?

Those are the stories I like to see in college football. :bigthumbup:

"He had choices that, from the perspective of facilities, NFL track record and opportunity to win championships, were superior to Tech."

Hate to see that quote in the article, but great get for us. Sounds like a kid with his head on straight and a great family that happens to be a talented player. Hard to get all three in one recruit sometimes.

friendliest looking 300lb dude i've ever seen. welcome to the flats!

mother and father from zimbabwe, both came to the US for college, met and got married. That's like a Tech love story. Georgia and FSU didn't even have a snowflake's chance in hell in getting this kid.

The curious thing for me is he went to IMG Academy where athletes go to focus on their sport and not worry about things like maintaining academic eligibility and qualifying for their scholarship. That makes it doubly surprising he is choosing Tech over the factories. BTW, I think I saw a comment from one of the recruiting gurus that last year's IMG graduating class wouldve been a top-10 class by itself. How the hell is that a real high school and who the hell is willing to play these guys?

The curious thing for me is he went to IMG Academy where athletes go to focus on their sport and not worry about things like maintaining academic eligibility and qualifying for their scholarship. That makes it doubly surprising he is choosing Tech over the factories. BTW, I think I saw a comment from one of the recruiting gurus that last year's IMG graduating class wouldve been a top-10 class by itself. How the hell is that a real high school and who the hell is willing to play these guys?
Huh? The fact that they have a great athletics program does not mean that they aren't also doing real academics. That's kinda the whole point of the GTAA, ya know.

No wonder recruits don't buy our line... when our own fans don't either.

Huh? The fact that they have a great athletics program does not mean that they aren't also doing real academics. That's kinda the whole point of the GTAA, ya know.

No wonder recruits don't buy our line... when our own fans don't either.
You inferred I implied they have no academics there. Rather, I meant they are like the college football factories where they have "athlete-friendly" classes if you so chose.

“Ultimately, schools don’t get you to the NFL,” he said. “You get yourself to the NFL.”

Kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Sounds like a success story for CPJ's recruiting pitch. He likes to comment that if you are NFL
capable, they'll find you regardless of school or system.

You inferred I implied they have no academics there. Rather, I meant they are like the college football factories where they have "athlete-friendly" classes if you so chose.

He went there to best prepare himself to get a college scholarship so that he could ultimately get a chance to attend a prestigious academic institution. IMG is accredited. That's all that really matters.

Wouldnt you say it's a better decision to earn an athletic scholarship to GT at a place like IMG than to attend a more rigorous academic high school with crap football, make lower grades, and get neither a football scholarship nor regular acceptance to GT?

Back