Those 3 ugly Letters: LOP

LLCoolJacket

Damn Good Rat
Lack of Preparation. It happened again. Ga.Tech was not ready to play.Like me, most on this board were scared of this game, but I had no idea it was going to be this bad.

I expected the offense to make early big mistakes, which they did. However, the field goal at the end of the first to pull it to 3, and us getting the ball to start the third made me feel real good that we would run away with it.

But, where was the defense. THE group that kept us in games until the O figured out a way to get some points never showed up.
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but to me it sounded like we were getting blown 3 yards off the ball nearly every snap. Wes would say something to the effect of....run off right tackle, and the Jackets were there to bottle him up, lets give him 4, and call it second and 6.

If all the credit goes to Ted and his guys, Congratulations!! If, however, we spent to much time arguing about which bowl game we would like to go to, well then....

All in all, it was the D's worst performance of the year. When you throw in it was against Duke, and the fact that this game had so many more possible tangible rewards for Tech, its disturbing.
frown.gif

LOP was definitely a factor.

After examaning the effects the turnovers (gargantuan) and missed opportunities (arrgh!) we're failing to remember that a lot of folks were predicting a breakout season for Duke this year. Much of the disappointment that led to Carl Franks mid-season ouster was predicated on shattered hopes.

Whether CCG & Co failed to prepare the team properly for the actual team, vs. reputation, that they were about to meet is one thing but to keep the loss in some perspective, this was not the same dum dum Duke football patsy that we're accustomed to.

Back