This Week in Foobaw 2017 Week 8 (In Foobaw)

The Jacket

The Coat
Hello there. So let's get this out of the way, I'm not @ThisIsAtlanta . Those of you who aren't aware will be saddened to learn that we lost TIA three years ago to an existential crisis. It only took a few weeks for his spirit to settle into a new body, but no one could have prevented his unfortunate, permanent physical IRL death last Saturday in Miami. He is listed as theoretically probable for next week.

Let's do this! In segments!

Thursday, October 19

8:00 PM - #25 Memphis at Houston.
ESPN will be broadcasting this year's Battle for the Border Between Arkansas and Louisiana and its coveted trophy. Or, as the World-Wide Leader puts it, Memphis puts No. 25 ranking on line at Houston. There's no way around it anymore, Memphis is hot.

They took a beating at the hands of some central flora, who orchestrated an unfair contest through cancellations and rescheduling. But if you discount losses to known cheaters, Memphis is putting together a solid season and tonight's match-up with Houston may be the toughest opponent remaining between them and a NY6 run. While the Tigers may break loose and blow Houston all the ööööing way out, this is a good team and they've been some fun to watch this year. Definitely the best recommendation I can give for those of you looking to enjoy some week night football with minimal suicidal ideation.

Statements: Meteorology is a speculative science and Memphis wins this game 41-12. And no bullshit, they're gonna curbstomp Central Florida's NY6 dreams and they'll be fun to watch while doing it.

Friday, October 20

7:00 PM - Marshall at Middle Tennessee State.
The state of Middle Tennessee hosts Marshall, the best hope for mediocrity in the Federal Conference. The C-USA has not yet defeated a ranked opponent this year, but both teams will be unburdened by that challenge here. Marshall (5-1) can clinch bowl eligibility with a win, while MTSU (3-4) can reach .500 for just the fourth time this season. The thing is, there's not much separating these two and even there's even less to tell you which could convince you to watch one team try to maintain four losses while the other pretends it won't finish with four losses. MTSU did beat Syracuse (a literal ORANGE which beat Clemson) but was brutally bottybattered by Vanderbilt only a week before. This has öööö show written all over it.

Unnecessary Break: This is one of four games being played Friday and the only one which is both FBS and not part of the fictitious Mountain West Conference. You shouldn't watch this, and it's probably not the game I should have selected from this lineup. I have stats for both teams in front of me right now and none of them are worth sharing here. This is a bad football game.

Kind of Weird: Colorado State is playing New Mexico afterwards (also on ESPN2) in something called Dreamstyle Stadium. The Blue Raiders win this one 35-23.

Tomorrow we'll get into the horrifying things going down this week in the Big Ten, whether it's time for the ACC Atlantic to do the frog, and I'm going to sacrifice a variety of living things LIVE on TWIF(IF) in the interest of personal gain and dealing with some woke-ass trees and their tinfoil hats. (Plus, I think I've got some good reasons why we should be more worried about the Demon Dicks and I'm marinating it in buttfrustration over-night.) See you then. Go öööö yourself coit!

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Oh ho, the most gifable gif of the year just happened in this Memphis game. Too good.

Stinger24

Damn Good Rat
Hello there. So let's get this out of the way, I'm not @ThisIsAtlanta

Meteorology is a speculative science and Memphis wins this game 41-12. And no bullshit, they're gonna curbstomp Central Florida's NY6 dreams and they'll be fun to watch while doing it.
Saved to make fun of later

johncu

Dodd-Like
I'm just here to say öööö UCF because this thread is tangentially related to them. I hope they go 5-6 and miss a bowl and have several months to regret their decision. If I can't get that wish, I hope they go 11-0 and get snubbed by the CFP for lack of quality wins with the reasoning "if they'd only played one more top 25 opponent they'd be in" at which time we're a top 25 team. They face us in a NY6 bowl after we beat Clemson for the 2nd time, and we kick their dicks inside out. Then their coach leaves for Nebraska, they go 0-12 for 10 straight years, and their football program gets UAB'ed (but like, permanently).

18in32

Petard Hoister
I'm just here to say öööö UCF because this thread is tangentially related to them. I hope they go 5-6 and miss a bowl and have several months to regret their decision. If I can't get that wish, I hope they go 11-0 and get snubbed by the CFP for lack of quality wins with the reasoning "if they'd only played one more top 25 opponent they'd be in" at which time we're a top 25 team. They face us in a NY6 bowl after we beat Clemson for the 2nd time, and we kick their dicks inside out. Then their coach leaves for Nebraska, they go 0-12 for 10 straight years, and their football program gets UAB'ed (but like, permanently).
Seems harsh

moochie

Varsity Lurker
UCF favored by 7/tit over Navy, at Maryville, this weekend? Seems like the gambloids don't have a lick of respect for football optioning. Here's hoping Navy rolls up 500+ yards on their overpriced asses and buries those sorry little retreatin' rat bastards!! Aside from that aspect of the tilt, I'm fairly neutral on it.