This again. (conf expansion, ACC in talks with ND)

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
After the snowflakes at Notre Dame walked out on Pence on Saturday's graduation ceremony, can't say I'm upset about them not being a full member.
Avert your eyes should Pence ever come to GT to speak. Snowflakes are all around us.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Considering that just last year ACC members voted against going to a 9 game schedule, I find it unlikely everyone would change their minds suddenly. Hence the assumption that we would stay at 8.
With the current members, that would make sense. It would be absolutely ignorant not to understand that additional members would change that thought.

McG

Varsity Lurker
I'm guessing part of the deal w/ ESPN for an ACC channel will be a 9 game conference schedule

ramblin' wagon

Fluke-like
Ban Hammer'd
With the current members, that would make sense. It would be absolutely ignorant not to understand that additional members would change that thought.
ND wants to continue to play USC and Navy every season and therefore would not want to play 9 conference games. We don't know who the 16th team would be so it is impossible to speculate how they would vote. We don't even know for sure how each school voted last year. It was 8-6 to remain at 8 games. I would guess Clemson, FSU, GT, Louisville, and Pitt voted remain because they each have a non-con rival. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke and VT voted remain also just because they have an advantage in their cross over scheduling. I think that only more money will make a 9 game schedule happen and I am not sure if ESPN in a position to do that right now.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
ND wants to continue to play USC and Navy every season and therefore would not want to play 9 conference games. We don't know who the 16th team would be so it is impossible to speculate how they would vote. We don't even know for sure how each school voted last year. It was 8-6 to remain at 8 games. I would guess Clemson, FSU, GT, Louisville, and Pitt voted remain because they each have a non-con rival. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke and VT voted remain also just because they have an advantage in their cross over scheduling. I think that only more money will make a 9 game schedule happen and I am not sure if ESPN in a position to do that right now.
You contradict yourself. It is two votes that change the math. You also point out that Notre Dame could not play two out of conference games, also a math error. It is a 12 game season now.

ramblin' wagon

Fluke-like
Ban Hammer'd
You contradict yourself. It is two votes that change the math. You also point out that Notre Dame could not play two out of conference games, also a math error. It is a 12 game season now.
You are a special kind of dumbass.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
The easy way to solve this dilemma is to only count the seven games on your side toward the ACCCG.

Then you can let ND play 8 and let everyone else play 9 (or more) for ESPN. Cross-division games wouldnt count in the ACCCG standings.

Also, Miami has to be "North" and UVA south.

johncu

Dodd-Like
The easy way to solve this dilemma is to only count the seven games on your side toward the ACCCG.

Then you can let ND play 8 and let everyone else play 9 (or more) for ESPN. Cross-division games wouldnt count in the ACCCG standings.

Also, Miami has to be "North" and UVA south.
Sounds good to me.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
ND wants to continue to play USC and Navy every season and therefore would not want to play 9 conference games. We don't know who the 16th team would be so it is impossible to speculate how they would vote.
What if the 16th team is USC or Navy?

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
What if the 16th team is USC or Navy?

Its part of why people always include Navy. But IIRC, doesnt Navy play at ND every year? If so, I can't imagine even ND would want Navy in as that would complicate that arrangement.