This again. (conf expansion, ACC in talks with ND)

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Well, you went full retart with App State.

Middle Tennessee would stand a better chance if they changed from a directional name.

Similar for GSU. Should be Georgia A&M.
I went full retart to show the low level of regard I have for UConn from an athletics standpoint.

ramblin' wagon

Fluke-like
Ban Hammer'd
I really don't understand the obsession of endless conference expansion. A 16 team conference with an 8 game schedule is so far beyond retarded. For those that are arithmetically challenged that would mean you don't play 7 teams every year. The scheduling is already dicked up with 14 teams.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I really don't understand the obsession of endless conference expansion. A 16 team conference with an 8 game schedule is so far beyond retarded. For those that are arithmetically challenged that would mean you don't play 7 teams every year. The scheduling is already dicked up with 14 teams.
With the 16 team format, you essentially have the old 8 team conference with a playoff quarter final. In our case, it would be the old ACC and the old Big East.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
If conference expansion convinces the ACC to do a real job realigning the divisions along a not-100% stupid reason like arbitrarily hoping Miami will play FSU every year in the championship game, I'm all for it.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I would hate two eight team divisions - that's like having two conferences whose champions play each other. If we expand further I maintain the best approach to football is to have no divisions and have the schools do their own scheduling of nine conference games per year. With sixteen schools you would play nine and miss playing six each year. Natural rivalries would develop. Traditional playing dates would emerge as they did in the old SEC when they used this approach when we were in the conference. The ninth game would give plenty of conference game volume for TV. Have a championship between the two schools with the best conference record. Break ties first with head to head results and next with their Playoff Ranking which allows strength of schedule to factor in. Very simple and effective.

I believe I would even use the same basic format for other sports. If you want 20 conference games in basketball, schedule your own ten home and home series. Seed the tournament 1 through 16 based on conference record, with ties broken by head to head first and RPI second.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I'm holding out for University of Hawaii as our 16th member.

They are as much on the Atlantic Coast as Notre Dame is. Better mascot as well.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I'm holding out for University of Hawaii as our 16th member.

They are as much on the Atlantic Coast as Notre Dame is. Better mascot as well.
Adding a Caribbean medical school would be nice.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Jesus, some of you people are just dumb. The ACC pays the least of the Power Five conferences. As evidenced by Maryland, it needs to be stable and full so that we don't have to fill in with crappy schools. Notre Dame is the best we can do and it is stupid to try to argue that a 15 vs 16 team conference is much of a difference. Just go to a 9 game conference schedule which the SEC is considering.

ramblin' wagon

Fluke-like
Ban Hammer'd
Jesus, some of you people are just dumb. The ACC pays the least of the Power Five conferences. As evidenced by Maryland, it needs to be stable and full so that we don't have to fill in with crappy schools. Notre Dame is the best we can do and it is stupid to try to argue that a 15 vs 16 team conference is much of a difference. Just go to a 9 game conference schedule which the SEC is considering.
Considering that just last year ACC members voted against going to a 9 game schedule, I find it unlikely everyone would change their minds suddenly. Hence the assumption that we would stay at 8.

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I agree - ND would help the conference and realignment would be an added benefit

South
Mia
FSU
GT
Clem
UNC
Duke
Wake
NC State

North
ND
Louisville
Pitt
VT
UVA
BC
Syracuse
Connecticut or Navy

Go for it ACC. I think the Commish has done a good job holding the conference together and strengthening it. Let's go one more step. UVA will b*****
about being in the North but so be it. Make them eat it. Play 2 teams from the other division each year and 9 ACC games a year. Better than what we have now with unfair cross divisional yearly rivals and us never playing FSU. GT plays Clemson every year and VT plays Wake. How fair is that?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
That north division sucks balls

Please no Syracuse, Navy, or UConn.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I agree - ND would help the conference and realignment would be an added benefit

South
Mia
FSU
GT
Clem
UNC
Duke
Wake
NC State

North
ND
Louisville
Pitt
VT
UVA
BC
Syracuse
Connecticut or Navy

Go for it ACC. I think the Commish has done a good job holding the conference together and strengthening it. Let's go one more step. UVA will b*****
about being in the North but so be it. Make them eat it. Play 2 teams from the other division each year and 9 ACC games a year. Better than what we have now with unfair cross divisional yearly rivals and us never playing FSU. GT plays Clemson every year and VT plays Wake. How fair is that?
VT play BC. Duke plays Wake.

gth874t

Jolly Good Fellow
After the snowflakes at Notre Dame walked out on Pence on Saturday's graduation ceremony, can't say I'm upset about them not being a full member.