There's an old saying -

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
There\'s an old saying -

Never Let A Loss Beat You Twice.

That's what happened at FSU last year. Emotionally drained combined with over confidence in what you can do against a (supposedly) lesser opponent. Clemson beat us like a drum.

Clemson was a good team last year, but that game should have been very different, even if it remained a closer loss.

Traditionally we ALWAYS lose the game after FSU, or at least struggle.

Win or lose against Miami and Clemson both, UNC and Maryland will be risky afterward. NC State follows Va Tech.

Why do I say Win "or" Lose? Duke followed an emotional win last year against Maryland, who had beat us the two years before. The Vandy fiasco followed a humiliating defeat against Clemson. Our team 'reacted' to the whole schedule schedule last year instead of 'acting' upon it.

Good teams make other teams react to them. Our guys just lived up to what they expected and their expectations and
emotions were inaccurate more than once.

Young teams do this more than mature teams, so I don't expect as much of that this year, regardless of what CG does, but that's my concern, none the less.

GO never figured out how to beat the old saying, and Chan has done even worse. I'm a Chan fan. No nasty-grams please, but I hope we have it figured out finally.

I know we have Chan and the boys preparing for the Duke's and U Conn's, but anything following any big game is always risky for GT. Especially teams like NC State, MD, and UNC.

Re: There\'s an old saying -

I'm afraid your logic is right. However, I think Chan has the experience necessary to get us over this hump either this year or the next. If it doesn't happen then, I'll give up, but I hope this team has the moral fiber to overcome this trend. When I heard chan speak recently he mentioned this almost specifically and said we were ready to take the next step.

Back