The Ted

I don't know why this is getting big crys. Turner field was not a great stadium. Maybe it was good for Olympic track, but the conversion to baseball was crap. It looked fine on tv. But it sucked going to games and having your seat face center field rather than the infield.

The area around Turner field also has no redeeming qualities.

All of that said, Braves games are always fun regardless of where they are. I just think the new place, designed as a baseball stadium and not a conversion, is so much better thought out on the small details.

Edit - and its 3rd iteration is going to be the worst of all.

Most of the area around Turner was crap. And yet amidst all that was the place the nuns ran for the long-term ill. You could walk right by it and not even know it was there.
I remember going to the Ted several years ago because I wanted to see Barry Bonds play. He's a d-bag but at least I wanted to say I got to see him play. Had a whole damn section behind home plate about 40 rows up to myself.

But yeah, good seats - and a lot of bad ones - will still be available this fall. It almost looks like they dropped an 80 yard practice field into the middle of it.

"Just think, soon some 18 year old freshman will be standing perhaps 1200 ft or more from the spot where Sid slid,...

what. Unless something has changed, any random asshole can walk up to and stand on that spot at any time. It's in a parking lot.
That's what I was referring to. I read the OP as saying someone playing in GSU's new stadium could go stand on the spot where Sid slid.

I was sitting eating a steak and having a beer at Ernie's Steakhouse on Johnson's Ferry Road in Cobb County when Otis made the catch. Place went batshit. I just got chills thinking about it.

Man I loved that place! Didn't it become like Slocums or something after that? Good ole Otis! Was he the same guy that was addicted to crack or was someone else, I can't remember.

Man I loved that place! Didn't it become like Slocums or something after that? Good ole Otis! Was he the same guy that was addicted to I or was someone else, I can't remember.
I don't recall what that location became. For a while, Ernie's was THE place to get a good steak. I barely recognized the area last time I was down that way.

Man I loved that place! Didn't it become like Slocums or something after that? Good ole Otis! Was he the same guy that was addicted to crack or was someone else, I can't remember.

You forget your password or something?

I met Otis once at the Cracker Barrel in Conyers. No pun intended.

I met Otis once at the Cracker Barrel in Conyers. No pun intended.
hqdefault (1).jpg

You forget your password or something?

Yes, Dede hacked my account so I couldn't get into it. I finally gave in and took her to pound town and she gave me the new password. Now I'm all energized and ready for some football!

Having to turn your head 20 degrees to the left to watch the whole game: Really ööööing annoying

No one will be in those seats. They'll pretty much only sell the sideline tickets, and they'll put tarps over those upper level seats.

I remember going to the Ted several years ago because I wanted to see Barry Bonds play. He's a d-bag but at least I wanted to say I got to see him play.
That he is.
My nephew was a bat boy for the Braves for 3 years. Bonds had asked for something (can't recall what) and my nephew took it to him. After handing it over, my nephew asked politely, "Can I get you anything else, Mr. Bonds?" Bonds replied without looking up, "did I ask for anything else?"

My nephew was a bat boy for the Braves for 3 years. Bonds had asked for something (can't recall what) and my nephew took it to him. After handing it over, my nephew asked politely, "Can I get you anything else, Mr. Bonds?" Bonds replied without looking up, "did I ask for anything else?"

I was at a Braves - Phillies game and my seats at the time were first row next to the visitor dugout. Ryan Howard and Shane Victorino were stretching 10 feet in front of me before the game. A 10-12 year old kid with a baseball and a pen came down and called out "Mr. Howard, Mr. Howard" and Ryan Howard ignored him. Kid got louder and Ryan Howard turned around and started making fun of the kid. The kid started to cry and Ryan Howard laughed at him and made fun of him for crying. Biggest dick move I have ever seen.

TL;DR: I had awesome seats at Turner Field.

I was at a Braves - Phillies game and my seats at the time were first row next to the visitor dugout. Ryan Howard and Shane Victorino were stretching 10 feet in front of me before the game. A 10-12 year old kid with a baseball and a pen came down and called out "Mr. Howard, Mr. Howard" and Ryan Howard ignored him. Kid got louder and Ryan Howard turned around and started making fun of the kid. The kid started to cry and Ryan Howard laughed at him and made fun of him for crying. Biggest dick move I have ever seen.

TL;DR: I had awesome seats at Turner Field.

That kid sounds like a real pussy. Probably grew up with a helluva safe room.

That kid sounds like a real pussy. Probably grew up with a helluva safe room.
Yea, any of my friends or me would have given him the bird, even at a young age. I met my best childhood friend that way. I was playing second base in little league and I heard a kid yell "HEY!". I looked over and this kid gave me the middle finger which I then immediately returned the favor. He busted out laughing given I had done it right in the middle of a crowded little league game. We became friends that day because we had the same little mean streak.

Playing the Corky Kell HS football games at the The Ted tonight.

Place looks pretty good. Will be a nice venue for the Panthers.

Back