The highs have been high and the lows have been very low...

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
I understand having bad games and even losing to teams like Duke occasionally. I don't understand losing by 24 to Duke, 38 to Clemson, and 44 to uga - all in a year and a half - especially a team that is capable of beating Auburn, NC State, and Maryland.

Hmm,
I wonder how Clemson feels. Wiped out last week by Wake Forest. Wiping out FSU this week. Sound familiar?

Originally posted by 76jacket:
Hmm,
I wonder how Clemson feels. Wiped out last week by Wake Forest. Wiping out FSU this week. Sound familiar?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So you think this is normal?

what this means is all that recruiting mumbo jumbo that you all live by is getting watered down.

There are MANY great players out there and on any given day you going to get whipped by any team.

we have a very young team in the positions that matter and youth means inconsistency

Chan said this season would have it's highs and lows, and that the future was very bright for us.

I'd rather that we went 12-0, but remember what we were supposed to do when the season started, and what we've done.

Originally posted by law_bee:
what this means is all that recruiting mumbo jumbo that you all live by is getting watered down.

There are MANY great players out there and on any given day you going to get whipped by any team.

we have a very young team in the positions that matter and youth means inconsistency
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think we've had too many of these for it not be (at least partially) a systematic issue. I am not a 'Gailey sucks' guy but I do think he will stay on the hot seat as long as he keeps having 2 or 3 embarissing/historic/blowout losses each year.

I don't know the answer but Gailey needs to learn how to keep our bad performances from turning into blowouts.

I feel your pain-it's mine, too-but FSU got blown out tonight.

It happens to everybody but Oklahoma, apparently.

Speaking of FSU, Mama Bowden really creeped me out! I would feel very funny if I were Bobby and my wife was pulling against her son.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
I feel your pain-it's mine, too-but FSU got blown out tonight.

It happens to everybody but Oklahoma, apparently.

Speaking of FSU, Mama Bowden really creeped me out! I would feel very funny if I were Bobby and my wife was pulling against her son.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree about Mama Bowden. I think most Mom's would at least be happy for thier son, especially given Tommy's situation. I know my wife would pull for our son over me regardless of the situation. LOL

Watching Pitt and Clemson tonight, it dawned on me just how impt emotions are in college football. Both teams were underdogs which gavethem a mission. When GT is an underdog, we play with emotion (usually, except for ugag). When we are favored, it appears we think we already have the game won before it starts!

Last yr. ugag had the emotion even though they were heavy favs cause they were on a mission to prove how good they were and to go on and win SEC and go to NY day bowl.

However, we should beat Duke even with a frontal lobotomy! Puke had the emotional advantage. It will be nice when we can play and win without having to be so geared up - with talent instead

Back